• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

There Appear To Be 2 Favorites To Land Teddy Bridgewater

KatsAzz

3 hours ago, YourLastThought said:

Don't get me wrong if I'm GM I'd trade him for a bag of Doritos to lose that contract of his but every team probably figures we are desperate and will just wait to hope he is cut. It's not like he is a hot commodity so.if he isn't cut I'm sure teams won't be losing sleep over it and talking about the one that got away if they don't get him. Damn, you could replace 15 TD's with almost any QB. I bet Will Grier could even sling the piss out the ball all season and luck into 10-15 TD's.

I bet there'd be plenty of teams that would have TB as a backup for backup money but yeah, no one is eagerly awaiting offering him a starter job.

On 4/10/2021 at 9:26 AM, kungfoodude said:
On 4/10/2021 at 9:15 AM, hepcat said:

Makes no sense to release him. Trade him or keep him as a backup 

I suspect keeping him is no longer an option. I don't think the relationship between the current staff and Teddy appears to be the best. 

Also, cutting him post 6/1 saves us $7.9M. That ain't chump change.

On 4/10/2021 at 11:03 AM, MHS831 said:

I think your thread has brought forth some interesting discussion-rework his deal and trade him.  I am not certain teams will wait for him to be cut because there are others interested.  Still, you will have a bigger market after the draft for trades (Minshew, possibly, Garropolo, etc.  But some teams and players seem to be quite content with big name backups (Raiders, Bills, for example).  To be honest, If Atlanta does not draft a QB this year (and they shouldn't) Teddy would be a great backup for Ryan.

Pretty sure TB wanted him to back up Brady last yea before we overpaid him and let him start. That hasn't changed. They have Blaine Gabbert as backup now, but Bridgewater would be an upgrade if he's cool to restructure.