• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I think the draft plays out like this...

4 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Moss (the TE) was 4th in receptions and receiving TDs on team with Jefferson, Chase, Edwards-Helaire, and Marshall Jr. I don't know what else to tell you.

Rushing @ 2500 yards

Chase @ 1800 yards

Jefferson @ 1500 yards

Rest of WRs @ 1500 yards 

RBs receiving @ 650 yards

Moss 570 yards

TEs accounted for 7% of the offense and you are telling me Brady used his TE? WRs had almost 5000 yards and he had 570. He was an afterthought, but he scored in the championship so he’s thought of much more highly than Brady did.

1 hour ago, Varking said:

Brady is going to use people who get open. If you had Chase, Jefferson and Marshall on your team and they are all open almost every play you are rarely going to throw to the TE.

And? That somehow means that Brady uses TEs? I’m confused about how that somehow validates that Brady’s offense is predicated on using the TE.

What did we do for the off-season that Brady was here? Did we go after a TE to go with Moore, Samuel and CMC? No, we added Anderson. Did we again go after a top TE or JAG to replace Thomas? Did we sign a guy to replace Samuel?

Maybe we’ll draft Pitts but looking at what we’ve done so far for Brady and his LSU days shows nothing that supports the theory that he likes TEs. That’s all I am saying. Pointing to LSU proves more than he likes using the heck out of the top 3 WRs like we saw last year here.

10 minutes ago, stbugs said:

And? That somehow means that Brady uses TEs? I’m confused about how that somehow validates that Brady’s offense is predicated on using the TE.

What did we do for the off-season that Brady was here? Did we go after a TE to go with Moore, Samuel and CMC? No, we added Anderson. Did we again go after a top TE or JAG to replace Thomas? Did we sign a guy to replace Samuel?

Maybe we’ll draft Pitts but looking at what we’ve done so far for Brady and his LSU days shows nothing that supports the theory that he likes TEs. That’s all I am saying. Pointing to LSU proves more than he likes using the heck out of the top 3 WRs like we saw last year here.

If the TE is one of his best… he will get used. Good offensive coordinators don’t ignore positions of value. You think because he hasn’t been in position to use a good tight end that this somehow means he doesn’t use them or like them. 

6 minutes ago, Varking said:

If the TE is one of his best… he will get used. Good offensive coordinators don’t ignore positions of value. You think because he hasn’t been in position to use a good tight end that this somehow means he doesn’t use them or like them. 

I agree if we somehow get Moss. My whole point was that looking at Moss’ usage shows nothing that says I want to throw to TEs. The LSU WR 4-6 had more yards than Moss. Looking at the Brady off seasons we sure have done more to add 3rd WRs than we did to acquire a top TE. There’s a lot of signs that Brady loves throwing to WRs in 3 WR sets and nothing to show he showcases TEs. Again not saying he can’t just that he hasn’t yet.

29 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I agree if we somehow get Moss. My whole point was that looking at Moss’ usage shows nothing that says I want to throw to TEs. The LSU WR 4-6 had more yards than Moss. Looking at the Brady off seasons we sure have done more to add 3rd WRs than we did to acquire a top TE. There’s a lot of signs that Brady loves throwing to WRs in 3 WR sets and nothing to show he showcases TEs. Again not saying he can’t just that he hasn’t yet.

I agree. I just don’t think we’ve been in a position to get a top TE during our offseason. Our cap room is typically tights and we’ve had so many other issues we needed filled via the draft. This is the first time he’s been in a position to have say in personnel and one might happen to be available around our pick.