• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurricanes @ Stars 4/26-4/27 Final Two

15 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Our offensive depth has been painfully thin since Martinook/Fast went down.... it's very clear we just don't have the guys to play our game right now.

That covid break before the playoffs can't get here soon enough

11 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

That covid break before the playoffs can't get here soon enough

We’ll we are already going to have a week at least unless the NHL decides to start the US playoffs before Canada. 

• Beer 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• E4BFr3rVUAIm1Zm.jpg

• Topics

• Typically, only the elite pass rushing DT's get drafted in the top 15. Being that space eater is a very important but those guys don't typically command huge salaries or get drafted that highly. Like I said, I get the theory behind it but I think he was the right choice.
    • As long as it's not the old Panther's offense of yore where half our PA plays were just: "PA -> all go routes." With our speedsters not named Steve Smith of Keary Colbert, and Kris Mangum, or whatever it was at the time. Just a joke to defend and led to Jake getting crushed far too often for a massive loss.
    • I understand that as well. I would not be in favor of a LB that early. I am pretty much opposed to taking a RB in the first round ever. So I do get it. That said, DT is just such an important position. I just don’t understand the positional value argument I’m relation to DT. Because the best ones eat two blockers. That gives so much leverage to your edge rushers and LBers.    Obviously it isn’t the most important position on the field but it plays such a huge role that gets overlooked by the casual fan. I was of the mindset from day one that I preferred to keep Star over Short. And clearly Short was a great athlete but Star made his job significantly easier. A nasty DT makes the job easier for ever single player on the line. I wanted Brown months before the draft process had started for this reason.