• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Love Jaycee Horn and he was third on my board, but...

Proudiddy

42 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

Anything possible, but I don't think we have to worry about that.

In our lifetimes the Chicago Bears have NEVER produced a superstar/franchise quarterback. Just take a look at their history since the superbowl era began in 1966.

In our lifetimes, the OHiO State Buckeyes have NEVER produced a superstar/franchise quarterback. 

The coach/gm combo of Matt Nagy and Ryan Pace doesn't send the proverbial chills up my spine. If Fields doesn't become a baller, both of those guys will be out of a job by 2025...possibly sooner.

If history shows us anything, Fields went to a franchise where QB go to die.  If ...or more likely when...Nagy and Pace are fired Fields will be shown the door for Chicago's next "franchise" QB to repeat the cycle.

PS...I actually want Fields to succeed in Chicago. It'd be nice to see Chicago finally draft a good QB. I just hope he's less successful than Sam Darnold or whoever the Panthers have behind center while he's playing there.

Sadly, this has been the truth.  I like Fields, and I was wondering if he was going to fall into the 49ers job.  In Chicago, like you, I would not be surprised to see him just flounder around.

That's the problem with being a QB drafted high in the first round.....opportunities like the 49ers situation are rare.  More likely than not, you wind up as a Jet, or until proven otherwise, a Jag, or a Lion, or one of a few other dead ends.  Is it them, or is it the team they started with, or is it just bad coaching?  Very often, we never know.

I've said this a number of times, but if Tom Brady had been drafted by Cleveland, he would have been out of the league after a couple of years and nobody would remember who he is unless he happened to catch somebody's eye (like Hoodie) while in the spiral of futility.

Somebody mentioned that good QBs do not throw more interceptions than TDs.  Once upon a time, a QB broke into the league with Tampa during one of their several stints of being awful.  In his two years there, he threw 11 TDs and 21 interceptions.  He then went elsewhere and threw 221 TDs and 86 interceptions for the rest of his career.  There really are some teams that are such train wrecks, they could have killed Montana's, Elway's, Brady's, or Rodger's careers. 

I don't know if Darnold will be good, bad, or mediocre.  I do think if he has a chance of being good, his odds are a lot better here than they were with the Jets (provided we get some friggin OL help, today would be a good time).  It would be completely in character or the Jets to stifle Wilson's chances. 

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Sadly, this has been the truth.  I like Fields, and I was wondering if he was going to fall into the 49ers job.  In Chicago, like you, I would not be surprised to see him just flounder around.

That's the problem with being a QB drafted high in the first round.....opportunities like the 49ers situation are rare.  More likely than not, you wind up as a Jet, or until proven otherwise, a Jag, or a Lion, or one of a few other dead ends.  Is it them, or is it the team they started with, or is it just bad coaching?  Very often, we never know.

I've said this a number of times, but if Tom Brady had been drafted by Cleveland, he would have been out of the league after a couple of years and nobody would remember who he is unless he happened to catch somebody's eye (like Hoodie) while in the spiral of futility.

Somebody mentioned that good QBs do not throw more interceptions than TDs.  Once upon a time, a QB broke into the league with Tampa during one of their several stints of being awful.  In his two years there, he threw 11 TDs and 21 interceptions.  He then went elsewhere and threw 221 TDs and 86 interceptions for the rest of his career.  There really are some teams that are such train wrecks, they could have killed Montana's, Elway's, Brady's, or Rodger's careers. 

I don't know if Darnold will be good, bad, or mediocre.  I do think if he has a chance of being good, his odds are a lot better here than they were with the Jets (provided we get some friggin OL help, today would be a good time).  It would be completely in character or the Jets to stifle Wilson's chances. 

Peyton Manning threw more picks than TDs when he entered the league.    

only time Sam did it....the Jets org was  in full blown tank mode.  I don’t really put much stock in that last season.  I generally look at year 2 for Darnold. 

• Beer 1