Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

The Trade for a Center Thread


Recommended Posts

rather than start a new thread for each article, we can all post things about potential trades here.  Atthehive just published an article that pulls a lot of rumors together.

 

"One of the names we’ve seen a lot, and one that we’ve seen a lot of in Hornets fans mock trades, is Myles Turner. The Hornets apparently REALLY want Turner, per J. Michael of the Indy Star.    

Turner brings a unique combination of shot blocking prowess and outside shooting ability. He isn’t the most adept passer and probably wouldn’t help with the Hornets rebound problems, but beggars can’t be choosers.

The Hornets are also expected to pursue Jarrett Allen in free agency. Allen doesn’t have the outside shooting of Turner, but he’s a better rebounder, passer, and interior scorer. The Hornets probably have long odds to land Allen, as he’ll probably be a pretty hot commodity in free agency, but he’s restricted, so the Cavaliers would be able to match any offer.

The Hornets are also apparently in the market for Mavericks big man Kristaps Porzingis. I honestly have no idea what people think of Porzingis anymore."

https://www.atthehive.com/2021/6/15/22534483/charlotte-hornets-news-showing-interest-centers-myles-turner-jarrett-allen-kristaps-porzingis  

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I want us to grab a Center in FA rather than give up assets.. Even though this team is probably the best built team we have seen since we got the Hornets name back - We don't necessarily have a overflowing pool of talent where we can just give away pieces..

With that said - the FA pool is pretty shallow for starters.. Holmes and Jarrett are really the only starters from the bunch.. if we can't get Holmes or Jarrett, I am all for getting a Allstar caliber starting Center by any means (sans Ball/Rozier/Bridges)..

In Mitch I Trust

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

I am all for getting a Allstar caliber starting Center by any means (sans Ball/Rozier/Bridges)..

Terry being an expiring contract at an $18M is probably the main trade chip we have at facilitating a trade for a starting center since there is a level of salary matching you have to do. I'd be interested in knowing how Mitch feels about a Terry extension given the other contracts that are both on the books and coming up.

Trading Terry may make the most sense....

  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, AppHeel said:

Terry being an expiring contract at an $18M is probably the main trade chip we have at facilitating a trade for a starting center since there is a level of salary matching you have to do. I'd be interested in knowing how Mitch feels about a Terry extension given the other contracts that are both on the books and coming up.

Trading Terry may make the most sense....

Terry Rozier straight up for Miles Turner sounds far fetched but I would do that if I were the Hornets.  Turner still has upside and is a great defender.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wouldn't move Terry for anything other than an Allstar - as you can see from my other thread.. He is playing at an elite level or just under elite level.. Now- if you think this is an aberration and want to "sell high" and "sell now" on the Rozier stock market - I guess I understand, but I would want more than just Turner.. the Terry Stock  is through the roof right now and you would have to get something more in return after the season he just had.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

I wouldn't move Terry for anything other than an Allstar - as you can see from my other thread.. He is playing at an elite level or just under elite level.. Now- if you think this is an aberration and want to "sell high" and "sell now" on the Rozier stock market - I guess I understand, but I would want more than just Turner.. the Terry Stock  is through the roof right now and you would have to get something more in return after the season he just had.

I tend to agree but with this teams make up and the huge need a center, trading Rozier might be considered.  Backtracking on my comment a little as I am not sold Turner is enough for me to lose Terry right now.  This team needs to get a lot better defensively but losing his scoring would be a step back without question.

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Trainwreck said:

I would have to take Porzingis out of those guys. I’m not a fan of him anymore. He was a no show for Dallas in the playoffs and an injury proned. But this team needs a big who can score offensively. 

The salary gymnastics to get him though aren't worth it. He's got like 3 years left on his deal at $31M, $33M & $36M each of those years.

Hayward can be moved as a salary match, but Hayward is a better fit and player. Pass on Porzingis imo.

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...