• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

5 Carolina Panthers players facing an uphill battle at training camp

SBBlue

23 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

They made their living doing exactly that in college. The problem is that this isn't college. And it's worth noting that their record against actual good (top 25) competition in college was abysmal. I think when I looked it up that the only two top 25 teams Rhule ever beat were ECU and Navy. Every other time he faced a top 25 team he lost.

Looking at records against top 25 teams, is an interesting stat, I'm not sure it shows the whole picture.  

Many teams, in the top 25,  have losing records against top 25 teams.  For example,  in 2015 Notre Dame, GT, Navy, Florida all had losing records against top 25 teams, but were still ranked top 25.  ND was 8 several times throughout the season and as high as 4 near the end.    Did they all suck?

4 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

Looking at records against top 25 teams, is an interesting stat, I'm not sure it shows the whole picture.  

Many teams, in the top 25,  have losing records against top 25 teams.  For example,  in 2015 Notre Dame, GT, Navy, Florida all had losing records against top 25 teams, but were still ranked top 25.  ND was 8 several times throughout the season and as high as 4 near the end.    Did they all suck?

Plus Rhule was never at a college with a recruitment program like that of an Alabama and/or Clemson. He did what he did with lesser talent.

He didn't turn them into dynasties, he just built "winning cultures".

• Beer 2