• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Captain's Pass Interference Penalties

Proudiddy

I love them. Usually, pass interference calls are a negative and a sign of poor positioning in coverage. But, I just wanted to bring this up b/c I don't know if anyone else has noticed that all of Capt's penalties have been less than 10 yards IIRC.

I think he's drawn one every game except yesterday... The reason I like them is b/c he has usually drawn them against big receivers. I could be wrong, but one that sticks out was against Roy Williams in the Cowboys game. I think he did it against the Fitzgerald in the Cards game, and possibly Jenkins vs ATL the first game...

To me, it really shows his intelligence. He's sending those guys a message when he does it. I remember one vividly... The WR was trying to run a slant route and tried to cut inside on him. Capt was wrestling him the whole way on the press, when the WR tried to box him out and the pass was coming, Capt jumped all over his back and did everything he could to make sure the pass was never caught.

Like I said, I just love it b/c I think it sends a message. He's scrappy. I believe our opponents have picked up a first down or two on the calls, but the reason they have been a positive IMO, is b/c he ensures by doing it that they won't get a bigger play than 5 yards or so. Anyone else see the method to his madness?

Totally agree, but I brought this up in a few posts already. Yes, he is aggressive, yes his timing is slightly off but he will learn quickly. He definitely has good eyes, speed and his already good instincts will only improve. Martin, Munnelyn, OK who's the next rook on the roster to step up to the plate? It's exciting to see the new guys come along so fast since we've had special ed. kids trying to learn from previous year's draft.

The thing about pass interference penalties is that you have to be in tight coverage to get them usually and he's been going up against some damn good receivers all year. I was really worried about him against the Cardinals with their big, physical wideouts but he really held his own against them. I'm shocked more people aren't talking about him honestly...

I had some doubts about Captain when we drafted him, because I am a Gamecock fan and I knew him well. At this point I am glad we have him. If we take away the rookie mistakes, he's a solid player, and I think he will be in future years. I like his fiery aggressive and physical style, too ... this team could really use more doses of that. That is, as long as he stays out of trouble off the field ... so far so good on that.

The thing about pass interference penalties is that you have to be in tight coverage to get them usually and he's been going up against some damn good receivers all year. I was really worried about him against the Cardinals with their big, physical wideouts but he really held his own against them. I'm shocked more people aren't talking about him honestly...

Small market + low draft pick + high talent + rookie mistakes = no interest.

C'mon now, that's just simple math and you know it.

Small market + low draft pick + high talent + rookie mistakes = no interest.

C'mon now, that's just simple math and you know it.

I'm talking about Panther fans in general, I've given up on the national media recognizing any of our players for their ability. Hell most "pundits" still don't know who Thomas Davis is...

He took on Fitzgerald and won that battle. Most of the time, wherever Fitz was, Captain was there. That our coaches trusted him enough to stay with Fitz tells me alot. He reads the plays well & his open field tackling is awesome. I really like the kid.

I also appreciated the effort from TANK Tyler despite the offsides call. Young guys stepping up!

He took on Fitzgerald and won that battle. Most of the time, wherever Fitz was, Captain was there. That our coaches trusted him enough to stay with Fitz tells me alot. He reads the plays well & his open field tackling is awesome. I really like the kid.

I also appreciated the effort from TANK Tyler despite the offsides call. Young guys stepping up!

Haha, what about the Brown one a few games back? I thought that was hilarious and was embarassed for him.

Also, Captain has the coolest name I've ever seen. Lol.

I will forever remember and thank Ricky Manning Jr. for that spectacularly aggressive INT to save the divisional playoff game against St. Louis in overtime. GOD I STILL GET CHILLS. Also, the pass interference call against Moose in the first ATL game was one of the biggest pieces of garbage I have ever seen... should have been a td. But he might have deserved one in the last game to be honest...

I will forever remember and thank Ricky Manning Jr. for that spectacularly aggressive INT to save the divisional playoff game against St. Louis in overtime. GOD I STILL GET CHILLS. Also, the pass interference call against Moose in the first ATL game was one of the biggest pieces of garbage I have ever seen... should have been a td. But he might have deserved one in the last game to be honest...

Hey, if a penalty is not called, then there was no penalty. Muahah.

I love them. Usually, pass interference calls are a negative and a sign of poor positioning in coverage. But, I just wanted to bring this up b/c I don't know if anyone else has noticed that all of Capt's penalties have been less than 10 yards IIRC.

I think he's drawn one every game except yesterday... The reason I like them is b/c he has usually drawn them against big receivers. I could be wrong, but one that sticks out was against Roy Williams in the Cowboys game. I think he did it against the Fitzgerald in the Cards game, and possibly Jenkins vs ATL the first game...

To me, it really shows his intelligence. He's sending those guys a message when he does it. I remember one vividly... The WR was trying to run a slant route and tried to cut inside on him. Capt was wrestling him the whole way on the press, when the WR tried to box him out and the pass was coming, Capt jumped all over his back and did everything he could to make sure the pass was never caught.

Like I said, I just love it b/c I think it sends a message. He's scrappy. I believe our opponents have picked up a first down or two on the calls, but the reason they have been a positive IMO, is b/c he ensures by doing it that they won't get a bigger play than 5 yards or so. Anyone else see the method to his madness?

Yea definitely. And alot of those were bullshit pussy calls. Keep it up Captain.

Archived