• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watching Rashawn Slater be great makes me sad and angry.

hepcat

I would have loved to have Slater. And even moreso as the season goes on and seeing how well he's performed. However, if we had him, the interior Offensive Line wouldn't be much different. So it wouldn't have been the immediate saving grace that many here think. Most moves. I am of the assumption that most moves being made were still for 2022 and beyond. So I'll continue to reserve judgement until then, as hard as it may be.

2020 = Complete strip of the team / rebuild
2021 = See improvement and fill in some gaps
2022 = Patch the rest of the holes possible + compete

We're still in a good position to meet my expectations / hopes. We were not revamping the whole roster in two seasons. And most of the moves being made reflect that.

1 minute ago, EgoDogg said:

I would have loved to have Slater. And even moreso as the season goes on and seeing how well he's performed. However, if we had him, the interior Offensive Line wouldn't be much different. So it wouldn't have been the immediate saving grace that many here think. Most moves. I am of the assumption that most moves being made were still for 2022 and beyond. So I'll continue to reserve judgement until then, as hard as it may be.

2020 = Complete strip of the team / rebuild
2021 = See improvement and fill in some gaps
2022 = Patch the rest of the holes possible + compete

We're still in a good position to meet my expectations / hopes. We were not revamping the whole roster in two seasons. And most of the moves being made reflect that.

problem is the defense is ahead of schedule but the offense regressed so we're about the same team as we were last year IMO. 

Just now, hepcat said:

problem is the defense is ahead of schedule but the offense regressed so we're about the same team as we were last year IMO. 

There are a lot more pieces in place in 2022 than last year. But the Offensive Line is the clear achilles hill right now on the Offensive side of the ball. Chuba has looked solid filling in for McCaffrey. Tight End has improved. DJ Moore is still great. Robby has looked like crap and I had higher hopes that Terrace would have more production early on, but WR is a tough transition from College to Pro.

Defense has clearly improved.
Offense - the talent is still there. Enough to see more production than we have (we can't say that about Defenses in years past). But that line....