• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How are we feeling?

Carl Spackler

We're just a couple of months away from the MLS SuperDraft (I wish they'd just call it the MLS Draft), while the Expansion Draft is also coming up fast. So, how are  we feeling? There's not a lot of energy in this forum so I'm wondering if people are lukewarm on this new team, or what the feelings are right now.

I don't feel like there's much of a buzz, for as quickly as the important stuff is approaching. Are Huddlers gonna buy tickets? Is Charlotte as a whole going to embrace this new venture?

I'm a huge soccer fan, but I moved out of the area last year and that has diminished some of my excitement sadly.

I still look forward to it, and I think Charlotte has excellent demographics potential to provide great support for the team, but I guess time will tell. I've checked in on this board occasionally, and I'll just say I hope it's not an indicator of overall fan support, lol.

But I'll pull for CFC along with my Everton Blues and the Swedish national team.

I’ll be following, unfortunately I don’t live in the area anymore but I’ll definitely go to games when Charlotte plays Orlando City.

I’m definitely looking forward to the SuperDraft and expansion draft, I actually coached against the kid that went number one overall in the 2021 MLS SuperDraft.

If Ousseni Bouda comes out he has to be the pick in the SuperDraft.

I’m excited to see the player pool for the expansion draft.

1 hour ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I’ll be following, unfortunately I don’t live in the area anymore but I’ll definitely go to games when Charlotte plays Orlando City.

I’m definitely looking forward to the SuperDraft and expansion draft, I actually coached against the kid that went number one overall in the 2021 MLS SuperDraft.

If Ousseni Bouda comes out he has to be the pick in the SuperDraft.

I’m excited to see the player pool for the expansion draft.

Tell me about Bouda

2 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Tell me about Bouda

Highly skilled winger from Stanford and I wouldn’t be shocked if he eventually ends up overseas. His journey will probably look similar to Cyle Larin’s. The MLS will help him get better technically for a few years then he’ll move on to Europe. There’s nothing wrong with that though, that’s how MLS teams make money.

Bouda’s willingness to take players one on one is what makes him exciting and his speed and overall skill are top notch.

He has 9 goals and 13 assists in his 33 games with Stanford.

• Pie 1