• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fog machines

cookinbrak

On 10/18/2021 at 9:32 AM, d-dave said:

Dry ice >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> smoke machine.  You can make much better ground cover with dry ice, a cooler and a fan.

Oh, and one more thing - Party foggers heat up the liquid, which can set off fire alarms and smoke detectors.  Yet another reason I'll never use them personally or professionally.  Well, that and the smell makes me want to puke.

I had a teacher ask me one time if we could just get the fire marshal to turn off the alarms...  I laughed and told them I had zero interest in that amount of paperwork and oversight.  I'd rather just use dry ice which looks better for a haunted house anyway.

I was gonna sacrifice a Rubbermaid tub, but I saw a guy on youtube use an empty 5 gallon bucket. We have those at work. Couldn't find a lid, so I checked the construction dumpster. Some lady had ordered lobsters, so I got 2 of those big styrofoam cooler like Omaha Steak uses. Free and disposable, and I have one for next year. Got some glycerine to thicken the fog.

Edited by cookinbrak