• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2021-2022 Games Thread

Captain Morgan

Don’t get me wrong, we are getting outplayed…

But one team has shot 13 free throws and the other has shot 2 and it’s not for lack of trying on the Hornets end. They are knotted at 24 with the Hawks in points in the pant… just not getting the same whistles.

As a coach I don’t see how you can sit on your ass and not get that tech to try and reverse the course.

• Pie 1

Just now, Captain Morgan said:

Atlanta is shooting 55% and 41% from 3.  We can't beat that team while we're shooting 37% and 26%, despite the fact we're have 29 rebounds to their 19.  

Let's hope when we flip the floor, our shots start going in.

The rebounds are the great equalizer, even though we’re shouting 37% we’ve attempted 54 field goals compared to the Hawks 38. If just 6 of those rebounds resulted in a made two point shot we’d be tied despite only shooting an updated field goal percentage of 48%.

Even if we continue to miss, knocking down some second chance opportunities should allow us to get back in the game. We also have to find a way to get to the free throw line.

On the defensive side we just aren’t active enough, the Hawks have had too many open shots. If we can get the Hawks field goal percentage down to around 50% we’ll have a good chance at coming away with a win.

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Don’t get me wrong, we are getting outplayed…

But one team has shot 13 free throws and the other has shot 2 and it’s not for lack of trying on the Hornets end. They are knotted at 24 with the Hawks in points in the pant… just not getting the same whistles.

As a coach I don’t see how you can sit on your ass and not get that tech to try and reverse the course.

Yeah, JB should be fussing at the refs. Then again, he didn't Weds night either.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Good God… sit Terry.

That’s three or four bunnies that he’s missed that a player like Ish Smith might make tonight.

Sometimes you have to realize that a guy doesn’t have it on a certain night.

Yep. Terry had found his shot and over the last couple games lost it again.