• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What a waste of a season, what a waste of a roster

Kevin Greene

The Carolina Panther coaching staff continues to demonstrate why it needs to be blown out of Charlotte. There is so much talent on this roster.

Jeff Davidson continues to eschew the strength of the Panthers, the running game, in favor of it's weakest component, Jake Delhomme and the passing game.

Danny Crossman has a long resume of horrible special teams play and coaching.

The only coach currently demonstating any semblance of competence on the Panthers staff is the newest member DC Ron Meeks.

Ultimately this all is the responsibility of one John Fox. GM Hurney's failure to address this more aggresively and continual mortgaging of the future to reach on draft picks makes him an equal partner in mediocrity.

A new regime in Charlotte cannot come soon enough.

DWill currently has 13 rushes for 122 yards. 1 catch for 9 yards. Under 2 minutes to go.

How can the best player on the team only get 14 touches?

11-davidson__1232119076_4760.jpg

Word!

Especially since Williams was virtually unstoppable and the Dolphins were praying for the Panthers to keep him off the field. 1st and goal and you put Stewart in the game and instead of staying with the hot hand? WTH?

Why in the hell would you ask Jake to throw it almost 40 fuggin times....that is beyond me. We have the best RB tandem in the NFL and we throw the ball. Can't blame Jake or the players for this loss...clearly coaching is the problem and it is more and more obvious!

I agree the play calling was bad but good lord man Jake overthrew 2 easy TD's.

This.

Jake's passes were of the Pop Warner variety, the kind of quality you'd expect from a high-school freshman QB in his first game. The broad side of a barn would have been safe.

I put this squarely on Delhomme. So many missed opportunities to win this game, if only we had the Green Giant at WR.

This.

Jake's passes were of the Pop Warner variety, the kind of quality you'd expect from a high-school freshman QB in his first game. The broad side of a barn would have been safe.

I put this squarely on Delhomme. So many missed opportunities to win this game, if only we had the Green Giant at WR.

Jake also had D.Will wide open in the flat when he threw that pick down the middle in the red zone. I couldnt believe how open Williams was. Jake never looked at him or anywhere else. He just dropped back and threw that pick. I actually think the guy who picked it was probably the one that supposed to cover Williams out of the backfield. If Jake just threw it out to the flat to Williams it would have definately been a first down + more, he might have even taken it in for the TD.

Archived