• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So does PJ start next week? Does anyone even care?

hepcat

4 hours ago, CRA said:

I have never advocated banking anything on PJ.  I mean I joke about him not losing.   But he is just a backup QB.  And in his two starts he frankly has done his job pretty well.   

people bitch about PJ so hard because we have done such a pathetic job in front of PJ.   

I don't hate PJ at all, and as I do with all our QBs, I wish he could have had a competent offense around him.  I just also think that his decision making is too suspect for a backup.  Then again, with his quick decision making, if he was actually making good decisions he'd probably be a decent starter, lol.

I just hope we move on from our current OC and hand the offense to an experienced coordinator that can evaluate our QBs in the offseason and see where to go from there.

On 12/2/2021 at 6:38 PM, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

You're talking out of both sides of your mouth in this thread and not making any sense.  You know the Rivera/Hurney juggernaut cut Heinicke from the Panthers in 2019 right?  That should make them bad at evaluating QBs according to your own criteria.  Yet you're praising them and saying they should be emulated for "developing" him in ways we haven't developed PJ Walker, even though Walker has been on the Panthers roughly twice as long as Heinicke has been with WFT.  As others have pointed out Heinicke was on the bench behind Ryan Fitzpatrick to start the season anyway.  If everything had gone to plan he would have never seen the field. 

If this is such a winning formula we should just sign random FA quarterbacks and "develop" them I suppose.  Why would this apply to PJ Walker and not, oh I don't know, Will Grier or some other rando?  poo what's Tony Pike been up to?

The Patriots cut Heinicke too and I'd wager they're kind of okay at evaluating QBs.  Bet Heinicke would have cost less draft capital and been on a cheaper contract than first round pick Mac Jones.

Both things can be true. Rivera was wrong for cutting heineke and rivera was right for choosing to stay the course and develop heineke. He could have pulled a matt rhule, bring in qbs and wasting time.