• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just watch Sam's feet.

Zod

12 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

When Ron Rivera talked about trying to help players get the storybook ending they deserved, we all mocked him for it.

And correctly so.

I don't give a flying sh-t about that sort of thing. It's a football team, not a soap opera. You make football decisions for football reasons only or you're doing it wrong.

As to next season, all indications right now are that Matt Rhule is still going to be in charge. Does playing out his final season under this clown show really sound like "exiting with the dignity his status deserves" to you?

Bottom Line: What I expect next season is both an awful lot of losing, and a lot of awful losing. I don't know what quarterback is going to be doing it. At the moment, I don't honestly care because it's going to be a colossal sh-t show regardless.

NFL history is full of great players that didn't have happy endings. Very very few guys go out on top or get victory laps. That's just reality. Newton likely won't be an exception.

To tell the truth, if your honest desire is that Newton gets to end his career with some kind of fanfare, what you really should be hoping for is that he sign somewhere else...

...cuz that ain't happnin' in the midst of this circus.

You put a lot of extras on a basic concept. 

Under any competent franchise, letting him exit properly, wouldn't be such a cluster. The NFL absolutely sells nostalgia, fantasy, history merchandise and fanfare. You stay trying to pigeonhole and compartmentalize what the business of "football", is. What are you talking about? You speak as though I want a fuging disney movie made. Instead of going at your thesis point by point, I'll say this...you are right regarding Rhule being here next season. He has proven to have issue with Cam for whatever reason.