• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Coral from SI 90 prospects in 90 days

raleigh-panther

90 Prospects in 90 Days: Ole Miss QB Matt Corral

Taking a closer look at the Ole Miss signal-caller.

SCHUYLER CALLIHAN

FEB 8, 2022

Each day leading up to the 2022 NFL Draft, we will take a look at prospects that should be on the Carolina Panthers' radar. We will look at roughly thirteen prospects per round to give a better idea of potential draftees beyond just the first round.

Here's our schedule for the next 80 days:

1st Round: Jan 28th - Feb 11th (15 players)

2nd Round: Feb 12th - Feb 24th (13 players)

3rd Round: Feb 25th - Mar 9th (13 players)

4th Round: Mar 10th - Mar 22nd (13 players)

5th Round: Mar 23rd - Apr 4th (13 players)

6th Round: Apr 5th - Apr 17th (12 players)

7th Round: Apr 18th - 28th (11 players)

Prospect No. 12: QB Matt Corral

College: Ole Miss

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 205

Draft range: Top 15

Analysis: The thing that concerns me most about Corral is the fact that he is coming from the Lane Kiffin system which has a lot of underneath throws, quick reads, and not much in terms of downfield progressions. Then again, getting the ball out quick may work behind the Panthers current offensive line. Wouldn't hate the pick but not at six. 

Analysis from NFL Draft Bible on Sports Illustrated:

Matt Corral exudes competitive toughness as he stands tall in the pocket, is clutch on 3rd and 4th downs, plus is a fearless and physical runner. He can excel in a multitude of schemes, showing proficiency in the RPO+screen game, play-action vertical concepts, bootlegs and standard timing-based dropbacks. He has great but not elite arm strength and has tremendous pocket maneuverability while keeping his eyes downfield. Corral could have success early on if there is talent on his offense but would benefit most from sitting behind a veteran until he gets comfortable with the offense. Over time, he can be a franchise quarterback and Pro Bowl talent.

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, BlitzMonster said:

Corral might be the best of the bunch in 2022.  SEC tested.  Good arm strength & athleticism.  Overall a solid prospect for several offensive systems.

Probably better than Willis (a huge project) or Pickett (concerns about how high his ceiling is).  

After the Senior Bowl, I would assume Corral might be #1 by default. 

• Pie 3

On 2/9/2022 at 12:20 PM, raleigh-panther said:

90 Prospects in 90 Days: Ole Miss QB Matt Corral

Taking a closer look at the Ole Miss signal-caller.

SCHUYLER CALLIHAN

FEB 8, 2022

Each day leading up to the 2022 NFL Draft, we will take a look at prospects that should be on the Carolina Panthers' radar. We will look at roughly thirteen prospects per round to give a better idea of potential draftees beyond just the first round.

Here's our schedule for the next 80 days:

1st Round: Jan 28th - Feb 11th (15 players)

2nd Round: Feb 12th - Feb 24th (13 players)

3rd Round: Feb 25th - Mar 9th (13 players)

4th Round: Mar 10th - Mar 22nd (13 players)

5th Round: Mar 23rd - Apr 4th (13 players)

6th Round: Apr 5th - Apr 17th (12 players)

7th Round: Apr 18th - 28th (11 players)

Prospect No. 12: QB Matt Corral

College: Ole Miss

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 205

Draft range: Top 15

Analysis: The thing that concerns me most about Corral is the fact that he is coming from the Lane Kiffin system which has a lot of underneath throws, quick reads, and not much in terms of downfield progressions. Then again, getting the ball out quick may work behind the Panthers current offensive line. Wouldn't hate the pick but not at six. 

Analysis from NFL Draft Bible on Sports Illustrated:

Matt Corral exudes competitive toughness as he stands tall in the pocket, is clutch on 3rd and 4th downs, plus is a fearless and physical runner. He can excel in a multitude of schemes, showing proficiency in the RPO+screen game, play-action vertical concepts, bootlegs and standard timing-based dropbacks. He has great but not elite arm strength and has tremendous pocket maneuverability while keeping his eyes downfield. Corral could have success early on if there is talent on his offense but would benefit most from sitting behind a veteran until he gets comfortable with the offense. Over time, he can be a franchise quarterback and Pro Bowl talent.

The very first description from SI is exactly why he’s QB1…not Pickett. He has the physical skill AND mentality. I would take him at 6 and not look back. If we solve the OL then Corral would be the future. Honestly I wouldn’t be shocked if he works out and shoots to top 3

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, unicar15 said:

The very first description from SI is exactly why he’s QB1…not Pickett. He has the physical skill AND mentality. I would take him at 6 and not look back. If we solve the OL then Corral would be the future. Honestly I wouldn’t be shocked if he works out and shoots to top 3

But that Rhule connection though…

I guess we have to hope the new OC has a brain