• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mock Draft Simulator Thread 2022

Jay Roosevelt

Say we signed Duane Brown in the next couple of days…

7943824C-EFDA-4E3C-9453-CDCD6C6567FF.jpeg

Edit to clarify that I also picked up a 1st and 3rd for next year so that if Rhule gets canned the next regime can come in and do what they want - possibly moving up to get a better QB if Howell doesn’t pan out 

Edited by John_Sutter
Forgot some context; typo
  • Pie 1

I don’t have a simulator to post but I think OTs are gonna drop and play out like this with a CAR slant.

1. Jax - Hutchinson

2. Det - Willis - Other than being Detroit it’s a good situation for him. A vet he can sit behind. Decent weapons. 

3. HOU - Neal - Tunsil gave them fits bc he couldn’t/wouldn’t play. They’ll replace him and not have the headache anymore. 

4. NYJ - Travon Walker - Buckner, Bosa, Kinlaw. All physically the best DEs in their classes. Saleh wants another physical freak for his defense. 

5. ATL (trade w NYG) - Pickett. Thankfully we don’t have enough capital to move up. Tepper and Fitt put the nail in the trade up coffin. ATL saves us to get their new Matt Ryan. 

6. PHI - from CAR - Thibodeaux - Pickett and Willis both gone (🙌🙌) - Philly trades up because they get an elite edge rusher in Thibodeaux. 

7. NYG -  from ATL - Garrett Wilson - They finally replace OBJ with his clone. 

8. NYG - Gardner - BPA

9. SEA - Ikem Ekwonu - He replaces Duane Brown. 

10. NYJ - Kyle Hamilton - Saleh gets two elite centerpieces for years and takes BPA. 

11. WAS - Jermaine Johnson - Classic Hurney. He gets a pass rusher to replace the Ionnaidis (sp?) loss.

12. CAR - Charles Cross - Trade - Fitterer trades back up with Minnesota. He got 16 and 19 in the trade down and this move requires him to give up 16 and 2023 2nd. 

13. HOU - Drake London - Big, talented target for Davis Mills

14. BAL - Linderbaum

15. PHI - Derek Stingley - Roseman going all in on Uber talented character concerns

16. MIN - From CAR VIA PHI - McDuffie

17. LA Chargers - Jordan Davis 

18. NO - Trevor Penning 

19. CAR - Matt Corral 

Edited by unicar15
  • Pie 2
  • Poo 1

6 hours ago, unicar15 said:

I don’t have a simulator to post but I think OTs are gonna drop and play out like this with a CAR slant.

1. Jax - Hutchinson

2. Det - Willis - Other than being Detroit it’s a good situation for him. A vet he can sit behind. Decent weapons. 

3. HOU - Neal - Tunsil gave them fits bc he couldn’t/wouldn’t play. They’ll replace him and not have the headache anymore. 

4. NYJ - Travon Walker - Buckner, Bosa, Kinlaw. All physically the best DEs in their classes. Saleh wants another physical freak for his defense. 

5. ATL (trade w NYG) - Pickett. Thankfully we don’t have enough capital to move up. Tepper and Fitt put the nail in the trade up coffin. ATL saves us to get their new Matt Ryan. 

6. PHI - from CAR - Thibodeaux - Pickett and Willis both gone (🙌🙌) - Philly trades up because they get an elite edge rusher in Thibodeaux. 

7. NYG -  from ATL - Garrett Wilson - They finally replace OBJ with his clone. 

8. NYG - Gardner - BPA

9. SEA - Ikem Ekwonu - He replaces Duane Brown. 

10. NYJ - Kyle Hamilton - Saleh gets two elite centerpieces for years and takes BPA. 

11. WAS - Jermaine Johnson - Classic Hurney. He gets a pass rusher to replace the Ionnaidis (sp?) loss.

12. CAR - Charles Cross - Trade - Fitterer trades back up with Minnesota. He got 16 and 19 in the trade down and this move requires him to give up 16 and 2023 2nd. 

13. HOU - Drake London - Big, talented target for Davis Mills

14. BAL - Linderbaum

15. PHI - Derek Stingley - Roseman going all in on Uber talented character concerns

16. MIN - From CAR VIA PHI - McDuffie

17. LA Chargers - Jordan Davis 

18. NO - Trevor Penning 

19. CAR - Matt Corral 

This is interesting. Would love to see some version of this play out

878540626_Screenshot2022-03-3010_16_08PM.png.170509a1a448474ba25d8cd38bed0f75.png357298721_Screenshot2022-03-3010_16_24PM.png.51adc75fda19510b258a00886217bf5f.png1369980127_Screenshot2022-03-3010_16_44PM.png.1be69db108cdbfd8dff412502a38acb9.png751876813_Screenshot2022-03-295_48_22PM.png.2103d1b8d726fb2ef4fc5475a2bf1e7c.png

Trading that making finneseererrer jelly, almost too mant players....dont care, I got talent, skills, and needs filled.

Last one was a non-trade one, I got my guy guy Glass late to round it out.

Of course in all I get a baylor bro or two....thing is they post high RAS scores and im a sucker for high RAS. 

• Pie 2

4/4/22 Mock Draft:

Round 1:

Pick 6: Evan Neal Alabama LT - Don't over think it.  Build the line and the offense will prevail.

Round 4:

Pick 137: TRADE!!!!!  

We offer the Eagles the choice of this pick and P.J. Walker, or next year's fourth that could become a 3rd based on incentives.  If I was the Iggle's GM, I'd take the the picks for next year, but I have a feeling they'd take this pick and P.J. Walker.  In exchange, we get the MAN, they Myth, the Mustache... Gardner Minshew.

Round 5:

Pick 144: Isiah Thomas EDGE Oklahoma

Pick 149: Micha McFadden LB Indiana

Round 6:

Pick 199: Logan Brush OL Wisconsin

Round 7:

Pick 242: Jack Coan QB Notre Dame

My personal feeling is that if you get two starters out of a draft it is a success. Neal is the missing piece on our OL.  This will allow us to run and pass the ball with more consistency.  Minshew should be able to overtake Darnold and provide us with a starting QB for only a 4th round pick.  I'll take that all day every day.  This also allows us to exercise some control for 2022 QB.  If Minshew preforms well, he can be had for Sam Darnold money over 2-3 years, not 40 million a season.  If he falters, we will be in position to draft a QB from a much better class AFTER we have filled some major holes on our roster.  Coan is a QB who can be developed into a back-up.  NFL.com rates both Thomas and Brush very highly, and over the years their observations have been pretty spot on.  McFadden is at worst a core special teams player IMO.

We leave our 2023 draft capital untouched.  We still have lots of cap space to add veterans who have not signed or have been cut after the draft to fill out depth.  Additionally, and more importantly, I think a trade for Minshew and creating an open competition would bolster confidence in our QB position across the league and make some players more inclined to sign here.