• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Elden Ring

Shocker

Honestly, if you can play Bloodborne on PC which I think you can, it makes this game seem really boring.  Cannot recommend it enough.  I have beaten that game like 10 times with different builds and it just never gets old.  Nearly perfect to be honest.  The PVP is also awesome.  It is flat out addictive 

Edited by Shocker

11 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Honestly, if you can play Bloodborne on PC which I think you can, it makes this game seem really boring.  Cannot recommend it enough.  I have beaten that game like 10 times with different builds and it just never gets old.  Nearly perfect to be honest.  The PVP is also awesome.  It is flat out addictive 

Bloodborne is a ps4 exclusive it seems. 

6 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Bloodborne is a ps4 exclusive it seems. 

I know you probably won’t do it but you can get PSNow and stream to the PC.  Pretty sure.  Anyway, everyone is hoping for a remake but not holding out hope.  That one gets me going…such a great game.  As close to perfect as it gets.

Edited by Shocker

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

I know you probably won’t do it but you can get PSNow and stream to the PC.  Pretty sure.  Anyway, everyone is hoping for a remake but not holding out hope.  That one gets me going…such a great game.  As close to perfect as it gets.

Yea it seems you can play it with ps now, i have had that in the past but I cancelled my subscription a while ago. 

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

I have beaten DS 1 and 2.

What did you think of DS 2?  I think it is crazy underrated and the DLC is flat out awesome.  Love DS2 though many people pan it

Appreciate the banter.  

Edited by Shocker

10 minutes ago, Shocker said:

What did you think of DS 2?  I think it is crazy underrated and the DLC is flat out awesome.  Love DS2 though many people pan it

Appreciate the banter.  

I liked the duel wielding in DS2. I thought it was a good game, I didnt know people bashed it compared to the others. 

• Pie 1

• 2 weeks later...

Unpopular opinion here but this is my theory...

No one likes this game. No quest markers, no quest log.. what the heck is going on!? People only say the like this game to sucker their friends into this endless pit of doom and death... The joy garnered from this game is from hearing your friends talk about how much they have died.

This game is a multi level marketing scheme... you get recruited and then sucker your friends in to spread the 'joy' 

Full disclosure.. Im level 74 and played over 40 hours.. still not sure if im having fun yet.. 

Edited by CanadianCat
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

Unpopular opinion here but this is my theory...

No one likes this game. No quest markers, no quest log.. what the heck is going on!? People only say the like this game to sucker their friends into this endless pit of doom and death... The joy garnered from this game is from hearing your friends talk about how much they have died.

This game is a multi level marketing scheme... you get recruited and then sucker your friends in to spread the 'joy' 

Full disclosure.. Im level 74 and played over 40 hours.. still not sure if im having fun yet.. 

Is this your first FromSoftware game?  I have played many of their other games multiple times and I found Elden Ring confusing for a good while.  Someone new to these games would definitely find it highly confusing for many hours IMO.  The game is hard that is to be expected to be honest 

Edited by Shocker
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

Is this your first FromSoftware game?  I have played many of their other games multiple times and I found Elden Ring confusing for a good while.  Someone new to these games would definitely find it highly confusing for many hours IMO.  The game is hard that is to be expected to be honest 

lol yeah you nailed it... 1st FromSoft game. got to admit.. I like games that tell me what to do haha. I can understand that people like HARD games tho... 

4 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

lol yeah you nailed it... 1st FromSoft game. got to admit.. I like games that tell me what to do haha. I can understand that people like HARD games tho... 

Well, it is by far the most confusing of their games.  This game throws so many different things at new players.  Totally understand that.  If you are under leveled for a certain area or boss you will get smashed over and over.  

If you want help with boss locations and suggested order to fight them try this…it helps immensely:  https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/elden-ring-boss-locations

Level your weapons and use spirit ashes to help with bosses.  Make sure your vitality is leveled to like 20 somewhat early.  Stick with it but lots of time and learning required with this one.

Edited by Shocker

Just now, Shocker said:

Well, it is by far the most confusing of their games.  This game throws so many different things at new players.  Totally understand that.  If you are under leveled for a certain area or boss you will get smashed over and over.  

If you want help with boss locations and suggested order to fight them try this…it helps immensely:  https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/elden-ring-boss-locations

I have several friends that play that have helped me level up but if you rush dialog (when you are playing multiplayer) then you get completely lost. 

Its also not an engaging experience playing that game when you have to have a laptop open to figure out what to do... I know t=some people REALLY enjoy the game but Im having a hard time with it... 

2 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

If it's not something that you've played before then I can expect it to be pretty jarring. I came into it knowing what FromSoft games are like so I'm having a blast. The difficulty is there for sure, as that's a trademark, but it's honestly their most forgiving game in many ways. Their other titles are more linear, and therefore perhaps easier from a "figuring out what to do next" standpoint but Elden Ring is completely different. If you're struggling in an area or with a boss, just go do something else. The world is HUGE and areas that maybe you shouldn't be exploring will be open to you and you'll just be getting slaughtered. As far as combat goes, FromSoft has always been pretty unforgiving for sloppy play or facetank strategies. You're gonna spend some time really learning the combat and boss strategies/patterns. 

Anyhow, I'm having a blast. At hour 95.

• Pie 1