• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2022 Charlotte FC Game Thread

MillionDollarCam

Given all the guys who were out due to injury and international play, it really let some other players get meaningful minutes.  In his interview, Fuchs said in his speech to the players that this was there opportunity to show what they can do.  Obviously several stepped up.

Almost show time, need to get an away win today to keep pace for the playoffs.

Starting XI

GK - Kahlina

RB - Afful

RCB - Corujo

LCB - Walkes

LB - Mora

CDM - Bronico

RCM - Ortiz

LCM - Bender

RW - Gaines

ST - Rios

LW - Shinyashiki

Subs - Marks, Lindsey, Sobocinski, Makoun, Alcivar, Ruiz, Jones, Vargas, Jozwiak

Not in Uniform - Sisniega, Franco, Reyna

International Duty - Swiderski

Injured - Fuchs, Armour, Mello

On Loan - Zendejas, Santos, McNeill, Hegardt

Gaines really only seems to have the one move and at this point, teams have figured it out. He’s gonna dance and try and juke the defender before going to the end line for a cross. It’s so predictable at this point.

Khalina does so great at stopping shots but turns into a tater when the ball is at his feet and the other team presses him. He really needs to work on quicker and better decisions.

I like Bender but he needs more time and training to reign in control of his body. He’s constantly losing balance, inconsistent first touches, but he’ll be a force the longer he plays

Back line seemed to have solidified a little. It’ll be interesting to see if the attack gets any better with Swiderski back

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, MtnJax said:

Gaines really only seems to have the one move and at this point, teams have figured it out. He’s gonna dance and try and juke the defender before going to the end line for a cross. It’s so predictable at this point.

Khalina does so great at stopping shots but turns into a tater when the ball is at his feet and the other team presses him. He really needs to work on quicker and better decisions.

I like Bender but he needs more time and training to reign in control of his body. He’s constantly losing balance, inconsistent first touches, but he’ll be a force the longer he plays

Back line seemed to have solidified a little. It’ll be interesting to see if the attack gets any better with Swiderski back

Would really like to see Jozwiak or Vargas get more time out on the wing. Gaines seems like a player who would dominate the USL but just provide solid depth in the MLS. Speed alone isn’t going to get it done.

Also agree on Kahlina, those types of mistakes can’t happen.

That was Bender’s worst game, he got bodied quite a bit.

I also agree about the defense. Walkes has been great back there beside Corujo. I do wish Fuchs had more speed because I’d love to have him at LB, I just think he’s too slow.

• Beer 1