• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mick Mixon...

Zod

ROFL.. half of his sentences don't even make sense... he works himself into blurting out sounds and half-words.. love the guy.

That's what makes it so great, because those sounds and sentences are pretty much the though processes of panther fans after a touchdown. It's the ultimate telepathic translation.

As someone who rarely gets to see the Panther games, I thoroughly enjoy the radio broadcast. The transition from Rosinski was jarring at first, but only for a while. The crew seems to work well together, they seem to like each other, and it translates well on the radio. I would much rather listen to the radio broadcast than the television banter during the games.

Jarring - that's the word for it. It was like an unexpected breakup. A slap in the face. No one could have replaced Rosinski at the time.

Zoke reminds me of Mike Tenay from the old WCW broadcasts I used to watch when I was a kid. It's almost like having an English professor in the booth, but he's great. Eugene is passionate, opinionated, and knows the game, which makes up for the fact that he can and will say some stupid things. I just never thought Mick was a good fit for the Panthers, if only because he'll go straight back to UNC once Woody retires. He is competent though, which is more than I can say for the Falcons guys. Mick seems to be in that aww shucks, just happy to have this job mode whereas Rozinski owned it, even if that meant sounding like a smarmy douche from time to time.

Mick is getting better all the time, but he's still one of the worst in the league. I have NFL Field Pass, so I listen to online radio broadcasts all the time. The Titans play-by-play guy is the best right now.

Eugene is hilarious and seems like a nice guy, but he's horrible on the radio. People like Rozinski are great partly because they have a radio *voice*. Eugene is about as far from a radio voice as you can get it and gets grating at times.

Szoke is cool. I've always liked him.

I would say that the Panthers radio group is one of the worst in the NFL. Thanks Eugene Robinson.

Not hardly... I just listened to the Redskins broadcast online, I think it was Sonny Jurgenson and Sam Huff and that was terrible.

Eugene is hilarious my most memorable quote from him is "Whew! pressure bust a pipe!"

Mixon is much better than he used to be. Eugene has great energy and I enjoy his player insight. Szoke is my favorite of the 3 though because he's intelligent and somewhat sarcastic. The Ros/Eugen/Szoke days were a blast because they all did their job well and they all understood each other's sense of humor and worked off of it. Mixon's humor comes off as awkward in the booth, but that's not so important. He just needs to continue getting better at getting the correct names out and being descriptive when it matters.

(Listen to the Bucs guys next week if you get a chance, now that is terrible. The guy who sounds like he belongs on Family Guy cracks me up.)

Archived