• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game Nite: Habs @ Canes

Anybodyhome

3 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

To put the Max Domi noise to rest.... he started with the 4th line, the grinders, to get his feet wet after having been with the team for a couple days.

He finally got moved up to the 2nd line, which is where he belongs, but is also a much quicker group of skaters. He was already quicker than the guys on the 4th line, but if you watched him, he was always running into teammates because he was quicker to the puck than Staal, Fast, etc. Now that he's with quicker skaters, he'll have some space to do what he does best- see all the ice and make plays. Look, the guy has 99 goals in 8 seasons and we'll be happy to get 10-15 goals and 30-40 assists a season.

You mean this? I was at the game laughing my ass off... it was already a PP and this made it a 5 on 3 for about a minute, then a PP, but the Canes didn't capitalize on either. But the Habs had been in their own end for a very long shift and couldn't get a whistle- they were gassed- so I believe Allen tossed the helmet to get a whistle. He tried to make it look like there was something wrong with it, but.... listen to Tripp's explanation from the ref.

It’s not that Domi won’t or doesn’t fit in, it’s that for the most part Columbus fans were right… Domi is a very willing passer and tries to set teammates up but he doesn’t look for his own shot much… in fact, he only has three shots in five games…. even Jesper Fast has more shots than that.

Putting Domi on a line with Trocheck and Svech should be helpful since those two are scorers.

However, I think people need to temper expectations when it comes to goals for Domi. He’s simply a player that doesn’t look for his shot. The most shots he’s had in a game this season is four and it’s only happened twice.

1 hour ago, MillionDollarCam said:

It’s not that Domi won’t or doesn’t fit in, it’s that for the most part Columbus fans were right… Domi is a very willing passer and tries to set teammates up but he doesn’t look for his own shot much… in fact, he only has three shots in five games…. even Jesper Fast has more shots than that.

Putting Domi on a line with Trocheck and Svech should be helpful since those two are scorers.

However, I think people need to temper expectations when it comes to goals for Domi. He’s simply a player that doesn’t look for his shot. The most shots he’s had in a game this season is four and it’s only happened twice.

Yeah, like I said, if he gets 40-50 points a season, it's worth it. He'll get net-front goals like Vinny and the occasional wrister, but anyone looking for him to become a scoring threat will be disappointed.

13 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Yeah, like I said, if he gets 40-50 points a season, it's worth it. He'll get net-front goals like Vinny and the occasional wrister, but anyone looking for him to become a scoring threat will be disappointed.

And that’s okay with me, he’s playing with an elite shooter in Svechnikov and I mean hell, that pass that he had to Nino last night was one of the best passes I’ve ever seen. A lofted pass through traffic right into Nino’s glove which kept him onside. I think he’ll set up a lot of goals rather than score a bunch of goals and that’s okay.

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

And that’s okay with me, he’s playing with an elite shooter in Svechnikov and I mean hell, that pass that he had to Nino last night was one of the best passes I’ve ever seen. A lofted pass through traffic right into Nino’s glove which kept him onside. I think he’ll set up a lot of goals rather than score a bunch of goals and that’s okay.

I had the perfect vantage point to see that play develop, it was a pretty pass. But, TDA is still the best on the team, in my mind, right there with Turbo.

• Pie 1