• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Canes Off-season Thread

21 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Curious we've not heard anything about Nino?

Absolutely nothing, don’t think the market went the way he anticipated.

Unfortunately, I don’t think there is anyway that we can keep him unless Gardiner is moved and that is sure to cost us a first round pick and probably a prospect.

Nonetheless, I could definitely get behind this line up:

Svech - Aho - Jarvis

Patches - KK - Turbo

Nino - Staal - Fast

Necas - Drury - Kase

Marty

9 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Absolutely nothing, don’t think the market went the way he anticipated.

Unfortunately, I don’t think there is anyway that we can keep him unless Gardiner is moved and that is sure to cost us a first round pick and probably a prospect.

Nonetheless, I could definitely get behind this line up:

Svech - Aho - Jarvis

Patches - KK - Turbo

Nino - Staal - Fast

Necas - Drury - Kase

Marty

We keep Nino, this off-season was an A+

• Pie 2

If the Canes can offload Gardiner, a first, and someone like Ryan Suzuki for future considerations then we could bring back Nino.

If Gardiner is offloaded then we’d have $8,133,083 in cap space, assuming Pederson is sent to Chicago, that frees up another $750,000 for a total of $8,883,083

Drury takes up $925,000, Nino would need to sign for $4,000,000, and Necas would need to sign a bridge deal for around $3,000,000. The Canes would have just under $1,000,000 in cap space left so they could bring up someone like Joey Keane to complete the defense.

Svechnikov - Aho - Jarvis

Pacciorretty - Necas - Teravainen

Niederreiter - Staal - Fast

Kotkaniemi - Drury - Kase

Martinook

Slavin - Burns

Skjei - Pesce

Chatfield - Coghlan

Keane

Andersen

Raanta

Really, the only question mark would be 3LD. Do the Canes roll two righties or try to find a cheap LHD.

• Pie 1

45 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

I know everyone is down on Necas but let's not forget both he and Jarvis are natural Centers.... I think with a goal scorer like Patches on the same line he could thrive.

I personally want to see Necas be given a chance at 2C ahead of Kotkaniemi. I think Kotkaniemi is ultimately a 3C and Staal’s replacement.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

Frankly, I'm pretty surprised Necas is still a Cane. RBA did everything, including benching him, trying to increase his productivity. Changed up lines, played him less, played him more, didn't play him at all, played him with different combinations of other forwards and centers and nothing seemed to work. 

As much of a risk keeping Necas, it's just as big a risk to move on because of what he could become. But what else can be done that RBA hasn't already tried that can get this kid rolling? 

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Frankly, I'm pretty surprised Necas is still a Cane. RBA did everything, including benching him, trying to increase his productivity. Changed up lines, played him less, played him more, didn't play him at all, played him with different combinations of other forwards and centers and nothing seemed to work. 

As much of a risk keeping Necas, it's just as big a risk to move on because of what he could become. But what else can be done that RBA hasn't already tried that can get this kid rolling? 

Still think a bridge benefits both.

• Pie 1