• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers are gonna shock the world!

joemac

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

Do remember that in 2015 we supposedly had the weakest receiver corps in the league. He didn't always have great talent and Cam was very inconsistent and often injured from 2016 on, especially 2018 on.

Cause he and Hurney cut Smitty and drafted Benjamin and Funchess.  That was his own making.

Edited by poundaway

2 hours ago, panthers55 said:

Gentleman did that. Hurney traded Benjamin.

He may have done it over RR's objections, but I don't remember RR complaining.  My guess is, RR was involved in the decision of removing one of the teams star players, especially since Gettleman was the new kid on the block.

47 minutes ago, poundaway said:

He may have done it over RR's objections, but I don't remember RR complaining.  My guess is, RR was involved in the decision of removing one of the teams star players, especially since Gettleman was the new kid on the block.

Gettleman was known to have the final word and exercise it on most decisions. So while the story to the public was it is a collaboration I wonder how much that is true.

17 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Gettleman was known to have the final word and exercise it on most decisions. So while the story to the public was it is a collaboration I wonder how much that is true.

I don't think RR had the control Rhule has presently, but I'm sure ol nipple-shorts consulted RR as he made roster moves.

1 minute ago, poundaway said:

I don't think RR had the control Rhule has presently, but I'm sure ol nipple-shorts consulted RR as he made roster moves.

You mean the control Rhule had before this year. All signs point to a shift in roles and Tepper bringing in NFL talent to replace Rhules college guys with the exception of Snow. At least he got Wilkes and Pasqueloni who were both defensive coordinators in the NFL and should work the line and the secondary and make the adjustments as needed to respond to offenses making their own adjustments.

9 hours ago, panthers55 said:

You mean the control Rhule had before this year. All signs point to a shift in roles and Tepper bringing in NFL talent to replace Rhules college guys with the exception of Snow. At least he got Wilkes and Pasqueloni who were both defensive coordinators in the NFL and should work the line and the secondary and make the adjustments as needed to respond to offenses making their own adjustments.

I guess people are just going to see what they want to see.

People can shift gears when they see what they are doing isn't working and that is what Rhule has done. 
Matt Rhule's contract has. not. changed.
Tepper went out of his way to thank Rhule for assembling the new staff.

I know its hard to see through the sheer hatred espoused by this place, weaved in dozens of  posts a day directed at one human being.  But Matt Rhule has done some good things and assembling the current coaching coaching staff is one of them.

Edited by poundaway
  • Pie 1

10 minutes ago, poundaway said:

I guess people are just going to see what they want to see.

People can shift gears when they see what they are doing isn't working and that is what Rhule has done. 
Matt Rhule's contract has. not. changed.
Tepper went out of his way to thank Rhule for assembling the new staff.

I know its hard to see through the sheer hatred espoused by this place, weaved in dozens of  posts a day directed at one human being.  But Matt Rhule has done some good things and assembling the current coaching coaching staff is one of them.

I think that Rhule would like to control everything  but if we have more success this way he will be have to give up the control for good.

The deal wouldn't close until the Browns let us talk to Baker. 

What could  possibly be said that would convince Baker to come here?

I think we're going air raid.  Pass first/ west coast/ balls out.  I think they told him he's QB1 (surprise) and we are NOT going to be run first.  We pointed out our deep threat receivers and that McAdoo's O in NY was very pass heavy and that they will design the O around Mayfield.  It preserves CMC and our opponents will have to pass to stay in the game.  Mayfield wants to throw more and McAdoo knows how to design a passing offense.  He'll have a chance to throw well over 4000 yards.  If the plan succeeds, his market value is through the roof.

Just spitballing.

Edited by poundaway