• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why hate Jake?

Kurb

the call to stick with jake through thick or thin is a nice gesture. not much in the way of loyalty these days but he did this without regard for the bigger picture.

he tried to give jake a chance to redeem himself and let him dig himself out of the hole but it just didn't work. jake dug the hole deeper. jake was giving a valiant effort but it just wasn't enough.

whether fox made the change after the playoff loss, after the eagles loss, after the bye week, after the bills game, or now...it doesn't matter. jakes reputation was already gone. he had every effort to go out and repair it but it just didn't happen. the damage was done. i don't place the blame on any one person, really. lot's of things went wrong and several jobs are going to be lost because of it. everything really stems back to the finish of last year and their inability to get back on track.

already we lost the whole defensive coaching staff (and i still believe that the offer the teams gave them to return was more a gesture to let them know we really didn't want them around instead of firing them). QB coach was in the same boat. we lost ken lucas. we'll be losing jake and very likely fox and davidson. all of this can be traced back to that playoff game and the meltdown that came with it. we didn't just lose one playoff game, we lost the whole year.

the inability to get things back on track and have a winning culture is what will bring about all the changes that are coming.

that's just a theory, anyway.

One of the best posts I've seen in a long time.

Playing the blame game can be fun but in the end it doesn't change the past or solve anything in the present. In all reality, the blame for this ultimently lands at the feet of Jerry Richardson (or maybe his sons???). Now it is just a waiting game until the decessions are made at how JR will try to correct the problems.

Is it safe to say John Fox ruined Jakes career ?

He could have went out with some good thoughts... now he will go out as a turnover machine QB

I think its safe to say that without Steve Smith Jake would have never had a career because HE FUGGIN BLOWS!!!!!

His stats are so inflated and do not show how truly awful he is.

He was never more than a back up who slipped through the cracks.

and I HATE HIM!!!!

To all the people who "Hate Jake because he wont quit/bench himself/play in traffic.

Have you ever quit a job because you did do well?

Have you stopped competing because you were failing?

No but have ever just stopped doing your job and not got fired?

It's not that he failing, he's done, there is a difference. Failing is having a bad game.

He's eating up a $40 million contract, which will hurt us next year whether you like it or not.

He needs to take one for the team and sit down. I don't blame him for trying, but his efforts are obviously not good enough.

To all the people who "Hate Jake because he wont quit/bench himself/play in traffic.

Have you ever quit a job because you did do well?

Have you stopped competing because you were failing?

:iagree:

It's not about the money, or the pride.

Earlier in the season, Jake was asked if his heir was currently on the roster. He replied, "The best way I can say that is I hope not. That's not a slight on any of the guys here. I believe in me."

Jake's a competitor, even when he lacks the means to compete.

Archived