• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why hate Jake?

Kurb

He is the same guy he has always been.

With a single exception.

It's pretty obvious his arm has regressed and thus his accuracy went from mild to horrible.

This is obvious to everyone.

Yet the Fox keeps him out there.

If this was a company and Jake was a salesman, would he still be working?

Don't blame the guy for trying, competing, etc.

Blame the guy who continues to put someone in position to fail.

FOX

What gets me is how personal some of it sounds.

Delhomme has never shown himself to be anything but the nicest of guys. Yeah, he's failing in the game now, and should be benched, but that's not a valid reason to hate him. He's still owed a lot of gratitude for what he's given this team in the past. It's just sad the story didn't have a better ending.

And yes, it is more on Fox right now for keeping huim in than anything else, but in fairness there's a lot of player loyalty to Jake too. I'm sure that factored into the decision.

Bottom Line: It's not easy to fire the good guy, but sometimes you just have to do it.

I don't hate Jake Delhomme one bit.

I hate our starting quarterback and his inability to win the game.

Understand the difference?

Is it safe to say John Fox ruined Jakes career ?

He could have went out with some good thoughts... now he will go out as a turnover machine QB

Hmmm... sort of. He did still go to the Superbowl and had some great moments so I don't know about RUINED but it definitely is ending with a bad taste in my mouth.

Is it safe to say John Fox ruined Jakes career ?

He could have went out with some good thoughts... now he will go out as a turnover machine QB

It's a valid question.

(Fox or Tommy Jone?)

The mistake of not having him throw on bye weeks last year was a big one, especially the second time. You'd think they'd have learned after the first debacle :nonod:

When I joined this board you were asked the question...Who is your favorite Panther?

I answered Jake. I still like Jake, I am sure that it would be cool to have beers together, and talk horses, fried chicken, or football.

However, I am a fan of the Panthers, and John Fox and Jake Delhomme do not give us the best chance to win any longer.

Would love to see Hurney and Fox gone, and Jake stay around in some sort of coach/backup/ra ra guy....I know that can't happen, but it would be nice. I think that Jake is pretty smart, and obviously loves the game, but is no longer able to play it at a high level.

Sad.

I don't hate Jake or Fox. I appreciate all they have done for the Panthers org. over the years BUT, it's time to move on. It's time to move forward and see what we have in the form of backups and evaluate our needs for next year. I do want Fox gone for one simple reason...stubbornness. Jake can stay if they like but would be regulated to 3rd string only. Give Moore the team and run out the season. If he can handle it (which I believe he can) stay with him and bring in competition. As far as the new head coach...........JR did say he wanted to emulate the Steelers org.

Archived