• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You know you live out in the country when...

LinvilleGorge

I think what helps ups more so than other delivery companies is that we bid our routes learn them and stay on them.  I know an address just by looking at their name.  Its creepy when I think about how much I know about peoples lives out here.  If something does not make it to your house its because the cover driver was out there that day.

• Pie 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I can only see one house from mine and I can only see it when the leaves are off.

Same here and the only reason I can is because 40 acre property next to us harvested their timber. Someone bought the 60 acres next to us and just put up a couple buildings we can see over the hill. There's been nothing on that land ever except cattle and more recently a truffle farm that got eaten up by deer. 

USPS won't come down here. It's about a mile up and down our driveway and down a dirt road to the mailbox. Amazon and UPS are quite familiar with our road and driveway though. It's pretty bad.

• Pie 1