• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official “Preseason” Canes Thread

Panthers Fan 69

31 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

If I had to guess:

Slavin - Burns

Skjei - Pesce

de Haan - Coghlan

Chatfield

Chatfield is no longer waiver exempt and I personally think he’d get claimed if we try to send him down; Bear on the other hand is overpaid for what he does.

The Canes could try to carry eight defensemen (Slavin, Burns, Skjei, Pesce, de Haan, Coghlan, Chatfield, and Bear) but I think juggling eight guys with only six spots getting playing time could get messy.

I’d trade Bear for a third or fourth round pick and be done with it.

I feel like de Haan and Coghlan have played well enough that I’d be comfortable with either one jumping up into the top four should an injury occur, and call-up wise, we could always bring up Lajoie, Lagesson, or Dronov to fill out the bottom pairing.

Burns and Slavin will be brutal on opposing teams. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, GamecockSmitty4 said:

I haven’t been able to watch much but seems like Coghlan has been doing well. Can’t say I even knew who he was a week ago. If him and de Haan can be serviceable that’s a really strong D. 

He was an additional piece that was thrown in by Vegas in the Paccioretty deal. He looks like he could be a good third pairing puck moving defenseman and QB the second power play.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

He was an additional piece that was thrown in by Vegas in the Paccioretty deal. He looks like he could be a good third pairing puck moving defenseman and QB the second power play.

Seems like they’ve been searching for a PP QB2 for a while and were hoping Bear could be that. Seemed like he was doing well too before his absence last year (I want to say COVID but can’t remember?). 

How has my dude Drury looked?

1 minute ago, GamecockSmitty4 said:

Seems like they’ve been searching for a PP QB2 for a while and were hoping Bear could be that. Seemed like he was doing well too before his absence last year (I want to say COVID but can’t remember?). 

How has my dude Drury looked?

Not bad, I think he’s one six guys fighting for fourth line duty along with Martinook, Kase, Stromwall, Stepan, and Noesen.