• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We wait all off-season to witness garbage football for yet another season.

hepcat

7 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

I can’t believe Tepper signed off on signing Rhule to a 7 year contract. That should’ve been a red flag letting us all know that Tepper was in over his head.

I've said it before, but Tepper for a lot of his career was basically able to just "big ball" his way through everything.

I think he genuinely believed he'd come here, shake things up by doing them differently, "show em how it's done" and have the world bow down to him as the best NFL owner ever.

Instead, he's in contention for a spot as one of the worst. And I'm not sure how somebody with an ego like his handles that.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Think you got it backwards. Most fans only care when the team is entertaining. It's the diehards like us who follow regardless.

But either way, all boycotting means is more opposing fans at games like we see already.

Not all diehard fans come onto forums like this is sort of what I was trying to say and some fans even if they aren't as intimately into the off-season moves and things like that will attend anyways because it's something to do on a Sunday. The mindset of "Sticking with a team through the tough times" is prevalent in fans that might not look online or even be aware of this sort of action taking place at all. 

We can definitely put a dent in Tepper's profit margins and I'm not saying that boycotts are completely ineffective but that there will always be a group of fans who are attending games and of course as you mentioned opposing fans will also buy tickets and fill the stadium and ultimately I don't think it'd be enough to make the team unprofitable which would be the only real scenario in which Tepper sells. Making less money and losing money are two entirely different things and I just don't really think it's feasible for a modern NFL franchise to be bleeding money, let alone for any significant period of time. Even the Chargers bounced back in terms of revenue last year after essentially telling their entire established market and fanbase to eat poo.