• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A suggestion to David Tepper: Please stop doing press conferences and issue written statements instead.

hepcat

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

I mean, I don't know what you expected. He answered everything that was pertinent to us moving forward.

Everyone knows Rhule sucked. Tepper told you that Rhule was not getting it done. We weren't winning. 

Tepper told you that it's too early to formulate a definitive plan as far as an HC moving forward. He wants to see how the remainder of this season goes. 

He also basically told you that he feels that we have enough to win some games

He told you that better decisions must be made with the allocation of resources. 

He also told you that he's still learning.

He told you that he he didn't want to be knee-jerk about Rhule's firing, and that he wanted to give Rhule a fair shot by letting things play out in order to see some progress. He also told you that after Sunday, he had seen enough. 

Sure, his attitude was a little defensive, but you could still see some humility. The guy is about moving forward, as he should be. If you wanted him to waddle in humiliation and obvious past failure (however recent), you're barking up the wrong tree.

And all of that could have been accomplished in a written statement. If it was so obvious that Rhule needed to be fired did he need to get up in front of the media and patronize us with his poor attitude about it? 

1 hour ago, 4Corners said:

I don’t know his background but I think his corporate background was just hosting dinner parties, hanging out at golf courses, and informal settings trying to convince other millionaire and billionaires to contribute to his hedge fund. You can tell Tepper is not a corporate talking robot. Good and bad advantages to this. 

Teppers been interviewed countless times on all money related talk shows. He comes off as very knowledgeable and well respected by money managers. He is very confident and matter of fact attitude exudes that of a man that knows what the hell hes talking about. With football? He has work to do.

Edited by Jon Snow