• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What might a Steve Wilks staff look like?

Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

The only problem I see with those guys is that they have not evolved with the game. It's hard to predict how their system will compliment or mesh with these players that are young enough to be grandkids to most of the coaches. 

Doesn't really matter much for position coaches that are focused on skills and techniques. It's the coordinators running the systems that have to worry about that sort of thing.

On that front, I'd say Holcomb is fine. Kitchens and/or Chudzinski? Probably depends on what they're doing at their respective colleges.

Mind you though, these are only a few potential candidates. There will definitely be more, especially once you know what other teams are parting ways with their head coaches.

If, for example, Detroit were to decide they needed to go in a new direction... 🤔

• Beer 1

45 minutes ago, Shocker said:

McAdoo is not some type of standard…we know this right 

Absolutely but you can also state that Boston College isn't some standard to rate a good OC or not.  They are mediocre at best in the ACC.  Now if he was terrible with a school that actually has great recruits it would be hard to argue.  Chudz has history of running a powerful offense in the NFL.

Based on the OP topic Chudz wouldn't be a bad choice.  Are there other choices, obviously yes, but staying on topic.  I like Chudz.

45 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Doesn't really matter much for position coaches that are focused on skills and techniques. It's the coordinators running the systems that have to worry about that sort of thing.

On that front, I'd say Holcomb is fine. Kitchens and/or Chudzinski? Probably depends on what they're doing at their respective colleges.

Mind you though, these are only a few potential candidates. There will definitely be more, especially once you know what other teams are parting ways with their head coaches.

If, for example, Detroit were to decide they needed to go in a new direction... 🤔

I guess I tend to look at things like influence through a seniority lense. I'm trying to motivate a team of individuals are like herding cats, it's almost impossible. 

People tend to relate to someone through common experiences in life. It's a generational thing that only someone of you generation can relate to.

In sports or the corporate world it's all the same.  In a typical successful organization the senior managers are older and more experienced just as in sports with coaching. 

And just like the corporate world there is a point where a disconnect between managers and the hierarchy of the remaining staff just cannot communicate. They cannot communicate on the same level because technlogy and HR have made the guys with the most knowledge and experience obsolete.

Edited by Jon Snow

5 hours ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

Honestly if Wilks gets the full time gig and we drop the interim from the job title it probably means that we won 9-10 of our remaining 12 games and potentially sneak into the playoffs. 

Not sure its likely at all but I would be beyond excited for Panthers football again and whatever staff Wilks chose to assemble. 

On paper there are some solid names there although I don't personally think it'll happen. 

Honestly…if we win 9 or 10 games I would change very little. It means the current coaches did their job.