• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's be honest. DJ doesn't deserve this.

Snake

14 hours ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

This is a bullshit take, I was pissed off.  DJ played his ass off on Sunday and the refs fuged us

Blaming the refs is weak sauce dude. It was the two missed FGs and conservative play that lost us that game. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

First off, I think that D.J. is a good receiver. I think there are good receivers available most years. Elite receivers are a little harder to find, but it's certainly not impossible. We aren't talking LTs, CBs, DEs or QBs here, we're talking receivers. Just look at the ones who've come out the last five years, and you can see that mostly every team has a receiver worth his salt. 

As for following this team, there's a difference between Hurney, Gentleman, Rhule, and now Scott Fitterer (for the moment). Fitterer's specialty is identifying talent. I know that some like to bang on him, but he's done a pretty good job at that in my estimation. The coaches have to coach the talent up and get them on the field. There's no doubt in my mind that he could replace Moore with a good receiver if it came down to that. 

generally cost a first round pick though.  And we need to spend ours on a QB.   

First off, I think that D.J. is a good receiver. I think there are good receivers available most years. Elite receivers are a little harder to find, but it's certainly not impossible. We aren't talking LTs, CBs, DEs or QBs here, we're talking receivers. Just look at the ones who've come out the last five years, and you can see that mostly every team has a receiver worth his salt. 

As for following this team, there's a difference between Hurney, Gentleman, Rhule, and now Scott Fitterer (for the moment). Fitterer's specialty is identifying talent. I know that some like to bang on him, but he's done a pretty good job at that in my estimation. The coaches have to coach the talent up and get them on the field. There's no doubt in my mind that he could replace Moore with a good receiver if it came down to that. 

With the right QB and coach combo DJ goes from good to elite and he's only 25. It still isn't quite that easy though man. It's why you see teams taking fliers on trades for talented but flawed young receivers hoping for that big payoff. Fitterer still has plenty to prove as a talent evaluator. Removing Rhule from the equation was obviously a big boost. We'll see how it shakes out.

You really can't say much about Fitt except the McCaffrey trade because Rhule and snow had full control before that. A GM without control is merely just another guy in the FO. I really don't think Fitt would have traded all those picks for CBs last year and traded away one of our better TEs if not for Rhule and Snow. I don't think the Darnald and Mayfield trade would have happened either. After Rhule was fired they knew exactly which QB had the best chance to win games for us and that wasn't luck. It was observed and known before hand. They also knew which players to move on from. All these moves were not allowed before because of Rhule. Moving forward we will actually get to see what we have in Fitt and if he's a good GM or not. 

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

With the right QB and coach combo DJ goes from good to elite and he's only 25. It still isn't quite that easy though man. It's why you see teams taking fliers on trades for talented but flawed young receivers hoping for that big payoff. Fitterer still has plenty to prove as a talent evaluator. Removing Rhule from the equation was obviously a big boost. We'll see how it shakes out.

That's not a certain thing. Elite WRs find ways to get open even on bad teams. DJ for most of his career has relied on a better WR across from him to get him open. If he continues on his trajectory he will be a good #2 WR for the rest of his career. 

4 minutes ago, Snake said:

That's not a certain thing. Elite WRs find ways to get open even on bad teams. DJ for most of his career has relied on a better WR across from him to get him open. If he continues on his trajectory he will be a good #2 WR for the rest of his career. 

DJ Moore has spent his entire career in Carolina with essentially a #3 WR lined up opposite of him. 

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

Huh. Who are these "better receivers" you speak of? 🤔

12 minutes ago, CRA said:

DJ Moore has spent his entire career in Carolina with essentially a #3 WR lined up opposite of him. 

Robbie Anderson isn't a #3 WR at all even if he's a dick. Also if Anderson is a #3 that makes Moore a #4. He's not that great dude and the tape shows it. 

12 minutes ago, frankw said:

WRs starting opposite DJ Moore

2018 Funchess

2019 Samuel

2020 Robbie

2021 Robbie

2022 Robbie/TMJ

Everyone listed is ideally a #3 WR.  Not a legit #2.   Plus, no receiving TE on the field. 

I mean, Jefferson, Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Brown.  Name a hot young WR and you can find studs that have lined up across from them.   That hasn't been the case with DJ Moore.  And on top on top of that he has had trash QB play too.  

DJ Moore is a stud.  He would be doing cartoon stuff if he played elsewhere. 

12 minutes ago, frankw said:

Better is a loose word because Moore hasn't been better than the guy across from him. TMJ did more to the Falcons than Moore did the entire game. Two splash plays doesn't make you good. The game before that he was completely invisible. 

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

WRs starting opposite DJ Moore

2018 Funchess

2019 Samuel

2020 Robbie

2021 Robbie

2022 Robbie/TMJ

Everyone listed is ideally a #3 WR.  Not a legit #2.  

Yup and that makes DJ a 4th at best because those guys out performed him. CMC was our best and most elite WR for years running way better Routes as a RB than DJ has ever done. The kid has potential to be a #1 but he lacks the work ethic and his routes are still sloppy. 

9 minutes ago, Snake said:

Yup and that makes DJ a 4th at best because those guys out performed him. CMC was our best and most elite WR for years running way better Routes as a RB than DJ has ever done. The kid has potential to be a #1 but he lacks the work ethic and his routes are still sloppy. 

DJ Moore has 3 straight 1100+ seasons coming into this season.  With no QB play and #3s lined up across from him in 2 roles.  In what world have the lesser guys out performed him?

CMC doesn't compare to DJ.  Lot of CMCs passes are just checkdowns and an extension of the run game.   And at his best, CMC is a sick slot WR.    And slot guys just don't compare to 1s and 2s on the outside.  I'd argue Hunter Renfrow is the best slot WR in the game right now and you can't talk about him in the same breath as outside WRs. 

I get DJ being a little annoying with his lack of emotion showing.  But we saw that with Peppers.  Board roasted Peppers.....as he effortlessly put in a HOF lock career.  Not saying DJ is putting in that caliber of career....but he is seeing the same personality outlash. 

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

Better is a loose word because Moore hasn't been better than the guy across from him. TMJ did more to the Falcons than Moore did the entire game. Two splash plays doesn't make you good. The game before that he was completely invisible. 

We had our first 30 point game in a year thanks to those splash plays from Moore. Newsflash those kinds of plays are the bread and butter of current NFL offenses if we want to be relevant and compete with playoff teams that's what we're looking for. At this point I think you're trolling because these are some sketchy hot takes. Cheers.