• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

remember when the Panthers hardly ever ran a screen

electro's horse

I'm so sick of bubble screens. Every fifth play let's wing it out to a poorly protected receiver who might gain two yards. 

We don't have Jake behind center and Smitty on the wing anymore. Just pass it down the damn field.

A DB is going to snag one of those and take it to the house eventually on us. 

Historically it's always frustrated me that we've been a team that seemed incapable of using screens to slow the pass rush and keep the defense honest, and horrible at defending screens. Even Kuechly led badass defenses with TD roaming the field seemed not great at stopping them.

Gratifying to see we're at least using them now without being completely inept at them. 

44 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Even Kuechly led badass defenses with TD roaming the field seemed not great at stopping them.

I may be wrong but the last time we were able to stop screens was that 2013 game against the saints in the rain. Since then the Saints haven’t ran much screens against us, and we haven’t been able to stop screens since lol

33 minutes ago, Manna said:

I may be wrong but the last time we were able to stop screens was that 2013 game against the saints in the rain. Since then the Saints haven’t ran much screens against us, and we haven’t been able to stop screens since lol

I was at that game. It was glorious. I disagree only that I feel we've NEVER been good at stopping screens, with the possible exception of the 96 team that's arguably the best defense this franchise ever had.