• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Perfect Offseason

JawnyBlaze

Now that the season is basically over, I was thinking about what would make the perfect offseason for me (within reason).

HC: Harbaugh.  He has experience, proven track record which means he could probably put together a better staff than anyone else, miracle worker with QBs.

FA: Prioritize resigning Burns and Bozeman.  Find a new MLB and maybe some CB depth.

Draft: Trade two firsts and two seconds to move up for Stroud.  I know a lot around here don't like him but to me he's not only the surest QB in this draft but he also has a really high ceiling.  No weaknesses, throws the best ball I've seen in a long time.  With the remaining second take a WR, bonus points if we can get Njigba for the chemistry he'll already have with Stroud.  With the third take a TE that's a true threat in the passing game.  In the fourth take the best athletes at CB and LB, the type that maybe still need to learn the game but have high upsides.  In the fifth take BPA pretty much regardless of position.

I want to do something we've never done, provide a young new QB with weapons.  Seems like most other teams do this, but we never have.  Our defense has enough talent to be at least "good" maybe great with the right DC.  Our OL is already a finished product.  We just need the QB and give him the tools to succeed.  A good run game, DJ, Marshall, Njigba (or whatever good WR prospect we find) and hopefully a solid rookie TE plus the good protection our OL can provide should make the transition as seamless as possible.

1 minute ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Now that the season is basically over, I was thinking about what would make the perfect offseason for me (within reason).

HC: Harbaugh.  He has experience, proven track record which means he could probably put together a better staff than anyone else, miracle worker with QBs.

FA: Prioritize resigning Burns and Bozeman.  Find a new MLB and maybe some CB depth.

Draft: Trade two firsts and two seconds to move up for Stroud.  I know a lot around here don't like him but to me he's not only the surest QB in this draft but he also has a really high ceiling.  No weaknesses, throws the best ball I've seen in a long time.  With the remaining second take a WR, bonus points if we can get Njigba for the chemistry he'll already have with Stroud.  With the third take a TE that's a true threat in the passing game.  In the fourth take the best athletes at CB and LB, the type that maybe still need to learn the game but have high upsides.  In the fifth take BPA pretty much regardless of position.

I want to do something we've never done, provide a young new QB with weapons.  Seems like most other teams do this, but we never have.  Our defense has enough talent to be at least "good" maybe great with the right DC.  Our OL is already a finished product.  We just need the QB and give him the tools to succeed.  A good run game, DJ, Marshall, Njigba (or whatever good WR prospect we find) and hopefully a solid rookie TE plus the good protection our OL can provide should make the transition as seamless as possible.

The 'meh' offseason.