• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pantherj Mock Draft(s)

pantherj

Appreciate all the mocks @pantherj  it is obviously a passion of yours and I used to be the same way.  Watching tape of lesser known gems is great stuff and it makes the actual draft, for me anyway, the most fun of any sports event there is.  I always take days off around the draft since like the 80s.  It’s awesome so more power to you

2 hours ago, Shocker said:

Appreciate all the mocks @pantherj  it is obviously a passion of yours and I used to be the same way.  Watching tape of lesser known gems is great stuff and it makes the actual draft, for me anyway, the most fun of any sports event there is.  I always take days off around the draft since like the 80s.  It’s awesome so more power to you

Yeah I've looked at more prospects this time around than ever before. In the past I've been able to call a couple of first round picks that were long shots, but overall after the first round I have the worst ability in predicting our picks. The Panthers almost never pick who I want in rounds 2-7. Sometimes it feels like they're messing with me. I remember the YGM pick and just thinking about how I never would have guessed him.

Doing a lot of mocks and looking at a lot of prospects really helps me to enjoy the draft a lot more. I don't like seeing a bunch of names popping up as picks and having no idea who they are or why they were taken.

We're closing in on the final mock that I will do leading up to the draft and I will title it as such. And you can bet that whoever I pick in round 2-7 will NOT be the players the Panthers pick. Other teams will take them.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Yeah I've looked at more prospects this time around than ever before. In the past I've been able to call a couple of first round picks that were long shots, but overall after the first round I have the worst ability in predicting our picks. The Panthers almost never pick who I want in rounds 2-7. Sometimes it feels like they're messing with me. I remember the YGM pick and just thinking about how I never would have guessed him.

Doing a lot of mocks and looking at a lot of prospects really helps me to enjoy the draft a lot more. I don't like seeing a bunch of names popping up as picks and having no idea who they are or why they were taken.

We're closing in on the final mock that I will do leading up to the draft and I will title it as such. And you can bet that whoever I pick in round 2-7 will NOT be the players the Panthers pick. Other teams will take them.

Cool, would like to see your personal mock draft which would be 5 rounds as we don’t have any later than that.  

On the down side I feel like this is a fairly weak draft overall.  Rounds 4 or later are slim picking in terms of talent.  Looking forward to it nonetheless 

14 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Cool, would like to see your personal mock draft which would be 5 rounds as we don’t have any later than that.  

On the down side I feel like this is a fairly weak draft overall.  Rounds 4 or later are slim picking in terms of talent.  Looking forward to it nonetheless 

Just looking at this draft it's full of #2 caliber TEs like I don't think I've ever seen before, and a few #1s as well, but then the Fitt signs what amounts to a #2 TE. Fitt drives crazy sometimes, but I understand he wants a veteran presence. There are some strong things about this draft, but WR is looking so weak. Yikes. Tons of little slot receivers. I'm not going to go over each position, but I will say QB looks strong. And I have been saying that 2023 was going to be the year we get our 1st round QB for while now, and it's finally happening. 

I'll do a no trade mock draft in the future.