• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterer on drafting a QB this year

ncfan

5 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

What kind of apples and oranges is that? Comparing a QB draft choice with a guy in the NFL.  The point is while they might think that Young or more likely Stroud  might be better, that isn't the choice. It is whether keeping Fields and a bunch of picks is better than picking Young or Stroud at 1. And that is an easy one.

Keep Fields and get some dumb team to do what SF did for Lance. 

got to wonder if the last QB trade ups are going to cause outlandish offers to comeback down to Earth a tad. 

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, you pair a rookie QB with the worst HC in decades and give him bad talent….and he won’t play good.  Trevor didn’t.   I guess call that what you want. 

They fixed the glaring issues around an uber talent and saw immediate success.  From #1 overall pick to advancing in the playoffs in the same year.  Trevor didn’t change that much in an off-season.  

Fields went to a horrific spot year 1.  It improved some year 2 and so did he.  But still isn’t a good spot for a QB let alone a young one.  

I’d take him for a 3rd all day and twice on Sunday.    Regardless of what my QB spot was.  

Again over the last 5 years with the exception of Mac Jones, what rookie qbs who played all season  had winning records their rookie year.  No matter where they were picked.

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

got to wonder if the last QB trade ups are going to cause to outlandish offers to comeback down to Earth a tad. 

I hope so. Outside of Andrew Luck few rookie qbs were worth 3 1s and potentially more. And Luck got hurt.....

1 minute ago, CRA said:

got to wonder if the last QB trade ups are going to cause to outlandish offers to comeback down to Earth a tad. 

Yeah there's no telling if Chicago can even get out of pick #1. Only real scenario I see would be if Colts wanna jump the Texans for a particular guy. If Chicago is forced to pick D I could then see a few teams hit up the Cards for the #3 pick including us

16 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah there's no telling if Chicago can even get out of pick #1. Only real scenario I see would be if Colts wanna jump the Texans for a particular guy. If Chicago is forced to pick D I could then see a few teams hit up the Cards for the #3 pick including us

Also after the Super Bowl, the NFL machine will do its thing.  How the prospects are portrayed today will be viewed different in the coming months I suspect.  So we will have to see what it looks like then and who gets bumped and up down. 

• Beer 1

33 minutes ago, CRA said:

Also after the Super Bowl, the NFL machine will do its thing.  How the prospects are portrayed today will be viewed different in the coming months I suspect.  So we will have to see what it looks like then and who gets bumped and up down. 

Yeah Young and Stroud probably aren't going to blow any minds at the combine with their physicality either.