• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The emergance of Matt Ryan had me thinking

John Parker Wilson takes the snap from Ryan Kalil....drops back....drops back....drops back....drops back

yeah jake isn't young but he's not very old in football years. he's stayed healthy all this year, so the arm doesn't appear to be an issue. Fox and co will never spend a high draft pick on a qb, so the next qb is already either on the team or in the nfl most likely.

http://www.nflminute.com/2008/12/11/2009-top-10-free-agent-qbs/

1. Kurt Warner X

2. Matt Cassell ?

3. Jeff Garcia X

4. Kyle Orton X

5. Rex Grossman X

6. Kerry Collins XXXXXXXXX

7. Kyle Boller ?

8. Charlie Batch X

9. J.T. O’Sullivan ?

10. Patrick Ramsey X

11. Luke McCown ?

John Clayton on ESPN called it all but a done deal that we would trade up. Most national media outlets considered it at least a strong possibility.

Everyone who knew anything about the Panther's laughed at that. Clayton is a tool anyways. He's now the Falcons biggest fan after saying Ryan would be a bust and the Falcons could go 0-16. Fiz i wasn't talking about a high round draft pick. I was thinking more of a 3rd-4th rounder actually as Jake does have a few years left.

I believe Ryan is the real deal.... but remember things like: Wow, Tony Romo is the next HOF QB... after that Monday night win here and a few games later. Teams got some tape on him, he gets nervous in Dec & Jan and all of a sudden, he's just somebody's boyfriend.....

Everyone said the Pats were done without Brady, somebody named Cassel comes in they will win 11 games.... That QB position is flaky, can be good for a year or two and then suck... I do think Ryan has great potential, just don't make a judgement on the first year.. He may not be as great long term as he looks now.

And did someone from Deltaware become the Ravens Q.B??? HE wasn't a top 10 pick, right? Yes, I said Deltaware, that's near Tupperware.......

Go Panthers, hit Drew in the mouth!!

I believe Ryan is the real deal.... but remember things like: Wow, Tony Romo is the next HOF QB... after that Monday night win here and a few games later. Teams got some tape on him, he gets nervous in Dec & Jan and all of a sudden, he's just somebody's boyfriend.....

Everyone said the Pats were done without Brady, somebody named Cassel comes in they will win 11 games.... That QB position is flaky, can be good for a year or two and then suck... I do think Ryan has great potential, just don't make a judgement on the first year.. He may not be as great long term as he looks now.

And did someone from Deltaware become the Ravens Q.B??? HE wasn't a top 10 pick, right? Yes, I said Deltaware, that's near Tupperware.......

Go Panthers, hit Drew in the mouth!!

Hey, that guy from Deltaware, didn't he play in a movie call the Replacements LOL Falco, Flaco

I don't.

What we can see most clearly about this year's draft is that the gameplan going in on the offensive side was to improve the run game. It was the right plan, and they accomplished it, big time. Drafting Ryan would have yielded zero benefits in that regard and would have lost us the chance to get Stewart and Otah.

I realize this is a 'draft a QB' thread, and for the sake of staying on topic...YES, we need to draft a QB early, at some point in the near future.

To the above comment, while I am thrilled with Otah, and what he has done, and I also love Stewart as a player...my preferred method would have been to take Sed Ellis, in which case we still could have picked up a Matt Forte or Tashard Choice in the 2nd or 3rd. The offensive line has been better this year, but I still believe that much of that has to do with the two players lined up behind them in Jake Delhomme and DeAngelo Williams.

It is what it is, and we're in the playoffs, and that's wonderful. I simply hope that just because they haven't done it in the past, doesn't require that they stick to such a silly gameplan. Drafting a QB early in the next draft or two is logical and a common sense pick, if not trading for a young QB who is expendable for whatever reason. (Quinn/Anderson, Brady/Cassell for example)

I would have loved seeing Flacco fall to us in the 2nd. Never once thought it would happen, or we'd pull the trigger if we had the chance, but Flacco was my QB of choice this past draft.

Mine as well, if we were in the business of taking a QB in the past draft.

Jake Delhomme is no spring chicken. When are Fox and Hurney going to draft a guy to groom for the future? Who would you like to see them look into? I personally think a guy like John Parker-Wilson would be a good fit in Carolina. He wouldn't have to start right away and he has done a great job managing games at Alabama this year.

I just cant understand how you can like the Panthers AND the Falcons....

:confused:

Archived