• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

1st for Stroud

razorwolf

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah my point was the 6'4" athletic guys in Cam/Luck had short careers.  Then you have Brees with a long career and Russ is still going at his age.  I'm just not sure there is a direct correlation with size and injury in the NFL.  I might even go as far as the say the biggest guys take more hits (draw less flags and are more prone to try to run through contact) and possibly are more often injured.  Trey Lance is another big QB and can't stay healthy.  Even looking at WRs, Julio was huge and couldn't stay healthy, Steve Smith was relatively healthy (I remember he broke his arm, but that is kind of a fluke injury) and played a while, Gronk seemed to always be injured as well.  While short QBs aren't common as they have become a newer trend, I'm not sure there is a direct correlation with height and injury.

I definitely understand your concern though.  It's why I have Stroud over Young in my ranking, but if we get Young I won't lose any sleep over it and will be pretty excited. 

Some of those injuries are probably just plain bad luck. Then there are some players who are just different and have a rare mentality like 89. If we hadn't drafted Matt Corral and seen that hope kicked off a bridge like Ron Burgundy's dog I would probably be more inclined to be hopeful for Bryce. But as it is I would still find reason to be positive if he were the pick due to our coaching staff. We'll see 🫡

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, frankw said:

Some of those injuries are probably just plain bad luck. Then there are some players who are just different and have a rare mentality like 89. If we hadn't drafted Matt Corral and seen that hope kicked off a bridge like Ron Burgundy's dog I would probably be more inclined to be hopeful for Bryce. But as it is I would still find reason to be positive if he were the pick due to our coaching staff. We'll see 🫡

That Corral injury definitely sticks in the back of my head as well, such a disappointment.