• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnell Washington

Puresteel55

1 hour ago, BrianS said:

I'd like a TE, but I don't think we need another blocking TE.  We need someone who can threaten the defense.

You don't think Washington can do that?

He was one of the most athletic TE's at the combine. Georgia used him as a blocker mainly because they had the best TE in college football already on their roster.

Washington will be a bigger receiving threat at the next level especially if he gets drafted to a team with a legit QB.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

You don't think Washington can do that?

He was one of the most athletic TE's at the combine. Georgia used him as a blocker mainly because they had the best TE in college football already on their roster.

Washington will be a bigger receiving threat at the next level especially if he gets drafted to a team with a legit QB.

No, he won't.  All of those "athletic traits" are also true of Tommy Tremble.  Washington is "bigger" than Tremble, but that doesn't have anything to do with running routes and catching the ball.

I would much rather see us spend a draft pick on a TE who has already PROVEN he can run routes and catch the ball.

Teams who have a complete roster can take chances on project type players.  We are not that team.  We have blocking TE's already.  Let's get one who can catch.

41 minutes ago, BrianS said:

No, he won't.  All of those "athletic traits" are also true of Tommy Tremble.  Washington is "bigger" than Tremble, but that doesn't have anything to do with running routes and catching the ball.

I would much rather see us spend a draft pick on a TE who has already PROVEN he can run routes and catch the ball.

Teams who have a complete roster can take chances on project type players.  We are not that team.  We have blocking TE's already.  Let's get one who can catch.

Did you even watch him at Georgia?

He wasn't asked to run routes and catch the ball. Georgia had a Heisman caliber TE that was featured in their offense. When Washington ran routes he showed he had ability as a pass catcher. Put him on any other team and he has way better stats.

7 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Did you even watch him at Georgia?

He wasn't asked to run routes and catch the ball. Georgia had a Heisman caliber TE that was featured in their offense. When Washington ran routes he showed he had ability as a pass catcher. Put him on any other team and he has way better stats.

Agree to disagree.  I don't think he has the chops to be that threat.