• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign Vonn Bell

TheSpecialJuan

4 minutes ago, Rags said:

Thing is teams that have WRs worth trading for like Denver and AZ are looking for Capitol/have their ILB & S pretty wrapped up.

You have to find someone willing to take a one year contract for a player with no real position. 

Oh, he has a real position alright. His position is as a cover 3 SS.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I had previously sort of wondered if Chinn might be a potential trade piece. I can't recall the new staff really saying much at all about him. Then you see Von Bell signed who plays a similar style to Chinn... honestly, I hack EXPECT Chinn to be traded at this point

I think someone is getting traded. Losing DJ changed everything about what happened after they get their qb. They will either need more draft picks by trading someone or they will have to do a player for player trade or combinationofthe two. They do not have the cash for the top guys in FA without making more cash available somehow. 

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I think someone is getting traded. Losing DJ changed everything about what happened after they get their qb. They will either need more draft picks by trading someone or they will have to do a player for player trade or combinationofthe two. They do not have the cash for the top guys in FA without making more cash available somehow. 

Losing DJ plus targeting D in FA. Chinn seems like a potentially valuable trade asset and we've made a move that makes him expendable. 

I don't like the thought of trading him but if he doesn't fit the scheme...

4 minutes ago, Rags said:

Thing is teams that have WRs worth trading for like Denver and AZ are looking for Capital/have their ILB & S pretty wrapped up.

You have to find someone willing to take a one year contract for a player with no real position. That's a really hard sell.

I didn't say it would be easy. I also didn't say it would necessarily be Chinn.

Just now, Jon Snow said:

I didn't say it would be easy. I also didn't say it would necessarily be Chinn.

Oh I'm absolutely for trading for one of the WRs rumored on the market -- Jeudy, Sutton or Hopkins would make me content at #1 for at least the next two years.

I just think it'll take more picks. 

• Beer 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Losing DJ plus targeting D in FA. Chinn seems like a potentially valuable trade asset and we've made a move that makes him expendable. 

I don't like the thought of trading him but if he doesn't fit the scheme...

If it gets us a stud wr I will not complain.  Drafts are full of tweeners on the defensive side of the ball.  

2 minutes ago, Rags said:

Oh I'm absolutely for trading for one of the WRs rumored on the market -- Jeudy, Sutton or Hopkins would make me content at #1 for at least the next two years.

I just think it'll take more picks. 

It probably will take more picks if it's Chinn they are looking to trade.

6 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

If it gets us a stud wr I will not complain.  Drafts are full of tweeners on the defensive side of the ball.  

I doubt it would get us a "stud". A Tyler Boyd level guy would probably be about the best we could do. But that's also a lot better than we currently have, so...

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I doubt it would get us a "stud". A Tyler Boyd level guy would probably be about the best we could do. But that's also a lot better than we currently have, so...

Fitterer will have to do something in FA. He cannot hope to fix this in the draft alone. Not in one offseason anyway. 

Edited by Jon Snow

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Fitterer will have to do something in FA. He cannot hope to fix this in the draft alone. Not in one offseason anyway. 

Yeah, we cannot give up all we did to get a QB at #1 overall and then put these offensive skill position players around him. That would be criminal.

• Beer 1