• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best NC City

BrisbanePanther

Best Carolinas city  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What's the best city in the Carolinas and why?

• Charlotte
    • Raleigh
    • Greensboro
    • Winston
    • Greenville
    • Charleston
    • Columbia
    • Other

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

It's just too snooty for me. Sticking with the Colorado comps, it's Evergreen to me. There's a reason I cashed in my chips and bailed on Evergreen.

Fair. I used to spend a bunch of time down in that general area. I had family that lived in Brevard, Black Mountain and Highlands.

• Pie 1

That said, I still prefer NW NC mountains to SW. But I was born and raised in Boone so I'm biased.

Jefferson/West Jefferson is underrated. Really anywhere on the New River is great. Todd fuging rocks and there's nothing there but the river lol.

Edited by Floppin

6 minutes ago, Floppin said:

That said, I still prefer NW NC mountains to SW. But I was born and raised in Boone so I'm biased.

Jefferson/West Jefferson is underrated. Really anywhere on the New River is great. Todd fuging rocks and there's nothing there but the river lol.

Yeah, the NW mountains were my primary stomping grounds growing up so that's "home" but I prefer the SW honestly and it's all about less crowds for me. The further west you go into NC the less crowds. The Asheville/Brevard and Boone/Blowing Rock areas are just completely blown up these days.

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, the NW mountains were my primary stomping grounds growing up so that's "home" but I prefer the SW honestly and it's all about less crowds for me. The further west you go into NC the less crowds. The Asheville/Brevard and Boone/Blowing Rock areas are just completely blown up these days.

The eastern Tennessee towns are fairly nice also. Johnson City and Chattanooga, etc

8 minutes ago, Floppin said:

The eastern Tennessee towns are fairly nice also. Johnson City and Chattanooga, etc

The tri cities area is definitely improving but still has a pretty methy vibe to it IMO.

Chattanooga is a spot that seems like it's stuck in that jo man's land of being big enough to have big city problems but not big enough to offer big city amenities. Feels very haves and have nots to me but my Chattanooga experience is relatively limited so I might be off there.

• Pie 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

The tri cities area is definitely improving but still has a pretty methy vibe to it IMO.

Chattanooga is a spot that seems like it's stuck in that jo man's land of being big enough to have big city problems but not big enough to offer big city amenities. Feels very haves and have nots to me but my Chattanooga experience is relatively limited so I might be off there.

Johnson City has really invested in revamping it's old industrial/rail oriented downtown and it's beautiful and thriving. Chattanooga is very affordable, working class and fun imo.

Like I feel that Mountain City and Johnson City were in a very similar position 15 years ago. Mountain City has done very little to improve unlike Johnson City. Granted JC is much bigger with more tax revenue.

Edited by Floppin

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Eastern Tennessee just overall has a trashier feel to it than western NC IMO. 

Ad yeah, I'm fully aware that this is like Danny DeVito calling someone else short. 😂

No, I understand, but I think it's just implicit bias. As I said growing up in Boone, we used to poo talk anyone from Tennessee as redneck trash. Which is hilariously stupid in hindsight.

59 minutes ago, Floppin said:

I'm really considering liquidating everything that I have and going on all in on this property.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/12-Lakeview-Dr-Butler-TN-37640/2059763147_zpid/

I know the area and property quite well. I work up that way often. I would expect to see this under contract for around 15k per. I hope you don’t mind visiting black bears. 

Edited by OHYO

Just now, OHYO said:

I know the area and property quite well. I work up that way often. I would expect to see this under contract for around 15k per.

I grew up going to Watauga lake. As I mentioned before, I'm from Boone. I've had property on the lake before. I'm very familiar.

2 minutes ago, Floppin said:

I grew up going to Watauga lake. As I mentioned before, I'm from Boone. I've had property on the lake before. I'm very familiar.

So you know the story of Butler? ETSU pride band recorded a song about Butler year or so ago. 

• Beer 1