• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

AP Mock Draft....who goes #1

7 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

FWIW, Ryan Wilson had Bryce going 1, but said yesterday he thinks it’s going to be Stroud because of things he is hearing. I thought that was interesting. He has said the whole time that Young is the best player, so he isn’t a Stroud lover. 

Ryan Wilson seems like a cool dude on the podcast he has with Rick Spielman but man I swear every year he has the most outlandish mock drafts that comes out for that cycle. Not even specifically for the Panthers but in general. 

When one of his mocks come across my TL I always wonder bout the decision making he goes through to get to the choices he does lol

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, BlackPanther22 said:

Ryan Wilson seems like a cool dude on the podcast he has with Rick Spielman but man I swear every year he has the most outlandish mock drafts that comes out for that cycle. Not even specifically for the Panthers but in general. 

When one of his mocks come across my TL I always wonder bout the decision making he goes through to get to the choices he does lol

Agreed about the podcast. It’s really neat getting the insight of a former GM. 

2 minutes ago, BriceYung9 said:

Lmao you are searching bro. I made the username for satire I prefer him out of the bunch but am fine with him or Stroud. I do not want Richardson tbh too much risk and unless this guy can learn to be more accurate by September I don’t feel the growing pains are worth the ceiling. But thanks for thinking of me and trying to make me a Stan. 

🙄

11 hours ago, Verge said:

It's not going to happen, but I wouldn't be upset either way. There are three quarterbacks who deserve to go #1 overall. 

You think AR (based on his upside) has overcome his poor production in college and limited experience to qualify to be the first pick taken (at least be in the discussion)?  Interesting, because I did not until last week when I saw a piece about him going to Atlanta in the draft.  I was thinking, "Oh, shi#!" His potential scared me to death.

I think it is possible that 2 of the top 4 QBs end up in the NFC South--which would make it very interesting.  I am guessing Hooker could sneak into the NFC S as well.

How the NFC South could be most impacted by the draft (concerning QB) and how Houston might maneuver to acquire picks and still get a top QB:

Imagine:

1. Panthers: Young

2. Houston: Trade to Colts:  Stroud (Colts surrender pick #4, 35, and next year's second rounder)

3. Cards: Trade to Falcons: AR (Falcons give up #8, 44, and next year's first rounder)

4. Houston:  Anderson

12. Houston: Levis

19. Tampa Bay:   Hooker

I should point out that Washington, New England, and Tennessee might be aggressive in moving up for a QB...