• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How the Top QB's performed when faced with pressure..

1 hour ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I agree with this, but I find them pretty insightful in certain metrics that other things just don’t really key in on. And I think they push their narrative on their grades because they are a business. 

Certainly PFF isn’t gospel, but I really like using it. Like everything else, it has its own flaws but I have learned a lot about players from it. I definitely don’t think it’s trash. But you have to do what you just did in your response. But things into context and use it for what it can identify. Your QB example might be better defined in a S2 score. But the S2 can’t identify dropped catchable balls like PFF can. You just have to use what it provided useful information in and not the things it doesn’t do well. 

👍 I have an automatic reaction that goes back years to anyone posting PFF grades as if PFF is in the huddle and meeting rooms with the teams and knows what they’re supposed to be doing. The objective stuff they put out, or less subjective (like catchable balls), doesn’t get as much of a reaction out of me. But the stuff that involves decision making and qualities like that, that PFF has no foundation for making a judgement on, I automatically respond with “PFF is trash” heh

• Beer 2

32 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

👍 I have an automatic reaction that goes back years to anyone posting PFF grades as if PFF is in the huddle and meeting rooms with the teams and knows what they’re supposed to be doing. The objective stuff they put out, or less subjective (like catchable balls), doesn’t get as much of a reaction out of me. But the stuff that involves decision making and qualities like that, that PFF has no foundation for making a judgement on, I automatically respond with “PFF is trash” heh

So what you are saying is as a fan you have no idea if a player is good or not because you don't know the play either?

4 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

So what you are saying is as a fan you have no idea if a player is good or not because you don't know the play either?

I’m saying I as a fan (same as them, as nothing more than fans, not being in football themselves or anything) don’t try to place a number grade or pass my opinion off to the masses as a definitive evaluation. I have my opinions and ideas, but I wouldn’t expect you or anyone else to take my word for it. I’d hope you’d do your own research. 

1 minute ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I’m saying I as a fan (same as them, as nothing more than fans, not being in football themselves or anything) don’t try to place a number grade or pass my opinion off to the masses as a definitive evaluation. I have my opinions and ideas, but I wouldn’t expect you or anyone else to take my word for it. I’d hope you’d do your own research. 

but you will go with QBR which has absolutely no eye test component at all...

3 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

but you will go with QBR which has absolutely no eye test component at all...

I said I don’t like QBR at all, but better than PFF’s judgement on this topic, because QBR doesn’t require my faith in random people’s judgement. I don’t like blind faith in stats or other people’s opinions at all. I make my own judgements for my opinion. If I have interest in a player, I do my own research like I have with the top five QBs this year. With regard to this year’s WR, which I also have some interest in, I haven’t done much of my own research so I don’t offer my opinions strongly for or against any of the prospects (as an example on the flip side of the coin).  

15 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I said I don’t like QBR at all, but better than PFF’s judgement on this topic, because QBR doesn’t require my faith in random people’s judgement. I don’t like blind faith in stats or other people’s opinions at all. I make my own judgements for my opinion. If I have interest in a player, I do my own research like I have with the top five QBs this year. With regard to this year’s WR, which I also have some interest in, I haven’t done much of my own research so I don’t offer my opinions strongly for or against any of the prospects (as an example on the flip side of the coin).  

It's hard to take PFF's opinions seriously when they still have Levis as the 4th best player in the draft. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1