• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023 NFL Draft’s best scheme fits: Bryce Young

2 hours ago, PanthersGTI said:

An interesting thought for those who know Xs and Os better than me. How would the Rams adjust their offense to fit Young? It sounds like Brown has a big part in the playbook. 

Reading this thread I thought the exact same thing. From what I have read Reich let his OC make the playback without much input so he wasn't steering him too much to what Reich would run. Of course Reich said that he would be integrating things and tweaking the playback but Thomas brought a lot of Sean McVays offense with him. He said he wants to take advantage of our strengths so we will be running a lot to take pressure off Bryce. We will take advantage of our good offensive line. He said the goal is to be able to run or pass out of the same formation so the defense has to defend both on every play. He said his scheme is to win. One game we might throw 40 times the next run 40 times. Adapt and do what works.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Reading this thread I thought the exact same thing. From what I have read Reich let his OC make the playback without much input so he wasn't steering him too much to what Reich would run. Of course Reich said that he would be integrating things and tweaking the playback but Thomas brought a lot of Sean McVays offense with him. He said he wants to take advantage of our strengths so we will be running a lot to take pressure off Bryce. We will take advantage of our good offensive line. He said the goal is to be able to run or pass out of the same formation so the defense has to defend both on every play. He said his scheme is to win. One game we might throw 40 times the next run 40 times. Adapt and do what works.

What offense he stold that offense from coaches before him. I hate when these new coaches get credit for offenses that aren't theirs.

There are only so many schemes you can create. Football has been around for decades. All these coaches do is steal from other coaches and make it look more fancy.

What exactly is the Sean McVay offense anyway?

9 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

What offense he stold that offense from coaches before him. I hate when these new coaches get credit for offenses that aren't theirs.

There are only so many schemes you can create. Football has been around for decades. All these coaches do is steal from other coaches and make it look more fancy.

What exactly is the Sean McVay offense anyway?

Football is a copy cat league. Coaches see what others do that works and take elements for their own use. Since we are fitting the offense to our personnel it will be our version of offense using concepts from various influences. That is what everyone does.   Here is an article discussing McVay and Shanahan. Note McVay and Kyle Shanahan. built upon the concepts of  Mike Shanahan from 20 years ago for example and put their bend on it.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl-playoffs/2022/1/26/22902126/kyle-shanahan-sean-mcvay-five-years-evolution

• Pie 1