• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

why cant Fox be like this?

carolinanimal

Tomlin certainly has a way with words -- his are not empty cliches, like those many other coaches spout off. I like that he's not afraid to be very direct with the media and say how he feels, all with an inspiring undertone that I would think his players appreciate.

you're right, ripping off the president's theme he used to get into office is really unique and original.

you're right, ripping off the president's theme he used to get into office is really unique and original.

I doubt Obama was the first to make such a statement. There are countless ways of saying the same thing, and nothing in this world is truly original. Tomlin's words might sound similar because he wants to emphasize a similar point -- that a change is needed.

Last week he also said "Were going to unleash hell in decmeber" only to lose to the raiders at home.

So what?

I'd love a coach with that sort of enthusiasm and confidence. Given his short time coaching in this league, he's got every right to think he can unleash hell in December.

I'm far from an NFL player, but I think players would respond much better to their coach expecting them to "unleash hell" than a coach that seems content with mediocrity.

So what?

I'd love a coach with that sort of enthusiasm and confidence. Given his short time coaching in this league, he's got every right to think he can unleash hell in December.

I'm far from an NFL player, but I think players would respond much better to their coach expecting them to "unleash hell" than a coach that seems content with mediocrity.

First off you assume that how Fox talks to the press is how he talks to his players. Which is doubtful. Tons of coaches drone on and sound lame to the press, doesnt mean there that way in the locker room.

The point Im making is that all that bluster got him no where in that game did it? They've lost four straight (one win above us) despite all the enthuasim.

Yelling, saying cofident things to the press, doesnt win anymore games then talking calm and firm and vice versa.

Archived