• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darin Gant on Bill Cowher.

Jbro

he's the company guy who always paints a good picture

when the team was doing good, he was there to tell us how good they were. people like pat yasinskas who pointed out the defense was poo, special teams was terrible, etc, were reviled.

now that the team is bad, we want to know just how bad it is. We don't want Darin Gantt trying to make light of the situation. therefore he is an idiot and stupid and god it'd be great to have yasinskas back

This is the problem with the majority of this board. Why can't you just read what they have to say and not resort to blind anger and hate? They are voicing their opinions, so what if you disagree? Does disagreeing with a point of view really have to resort into such strong emotions???

In a game of margins and teams flip flopping between the top and bottom, the good is never as good as it appears and the bad is not as bad as it appears. If you try and go through life by lambasting someone who disagrees with your OWN houlier than thou attitude, you will quickly see your life change dramatically.

Whoever said Gantt is pompous is somewhat of a hypocrit. You read his blog. Therefore at some point you enjoyed reading what he had to say. Somewhere youropinion has changed but his has not, yet you feel you are within rights to verbally attack him. You do not like what he has to say? Do not read him. Simple. When we start winning again, I would imagine you will be right back to lapping up his every word. People like you are classic band waggon fans (maybe a touch harsh). Love the team when we are winning, but can't handle it when we are losing and take the anger out of everything in sight. Sometimes you just need to realise things are not as bad as they appear and that in this game of margins there is much fun to be experienced without resorting to attacking people who have done nothing wrong.

Finlay, somebody noticed it. I even made the 4 bold.

I took it as we wont get past 4 wins with Moore at QB. We already have 1 win. The only way we can win more than 4 with Moore is if we win out. I know alot of fans, me included, know we aren't going to be able to do that, but Gantt never made a prediction where we wouldnt win more than 4 games when Jake was at the helm. No matter how tough the schedule was. It's as if Gantt just made that statement so that if we lose 1 more game he can come back to say "see told you so". F**k him.

Schefter makes a lot of claims and is often wildly off the mark.

It figures some people around this board revere Schefter. It seems that high percentage of this board also like to make wild claims and assumptions and then go nuts when they actually get one right.

The reason Schefter is considered one of the 'best', is because he always 'breaks' stories, despite them not nec. being true.

Oh and the hate towards Gantt is so very naive. Kinda shows some peoples intelligence up. I find it quite laughable that the vast proportion who actually vehemently attack him on this board, loved him last season. Why can't you just read or not read what he writes, rather than trying to act tough and talk crap about him? It really comes across as quite pathetic. Having 'Gantt is a tool' in your sig, is just kinda...lame. The sort of thing a 14 year old would do. If you do not like him, you do not like him. He has ZERO reason to be hated, or even attacked in the manor some are now. disagree with him? Fine, but do not let your disagreement with his opinions turn into hate. That's just sad.

I dont read his crap anymore. I've gone on the record as saying that before on this board. Only thing I go by when it comes to him is what others quote from him. Gantt is a tool. He sticks with the status quo. He sucks off Jake and Fox. Instead of just reporting, he throws his opinion out there and thinks anyone else that sees whats really going on is dumb. He also gets so pissy in his articles sometimes. He even compared Fox to Fisher in order to support why Fox should stay. Which is patethic in itself cause Fisher sucks even more and should be on the way out any time soon. He's called those that didnt agree with the Jake contract lunatics. He's basically called those dont like Fox stupid. He's never challenged any of the Panthers decisions on or off the field. His "opinions" are the status quo and to him any one who thinks otherwise of it is brainless. You not seeing this is naive and shows your intelligence. You supporting him is laughable. See two can play that game ;)

Oh and the hate towards Gantt is so very naive.

Have you not read Gantt's articles in the last 2 seasons? It's clear something happened between him and the Panthers. He went from a great Panthers beat writer, to acting like a scorned child. If he can't be honest with the real reason he is pissed at the Panthers, why should we believe a word he has to say?

Darin Gantt right after Jake lost us the playoff game last year:

http://www.heraldonline.com/665?plckController=Blog&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&insiteUserId=ded44479-eff0-4fb5-98bf-9edb9d130913&plckPostId=Blog:ded44479-eff0-4fb5-98bf-9edb9d130913Post:c02a2fa0-d906-4e54-a4fe-370adf6527f4&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest

Yes, it's first thing in the morning, and we're about to head up there to greet the players on their way out the door one last time.

But let's clear one up quick: No they should not be looking for a new quarterback this offseason. The reasons are numerous, and valid.

He's their leader. He's taken them places they've never been before. He runs the offense.

Last night, he ran it into the ground.

He will lead it back.

This is Jake Delhomme's team, and it will be in 2009 (the last year of his current contract), and if I had to bet, beyond.

:rofl:

Archived