• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Deep Dive

shaq

44 minutes ago, backINblack28 said:

I don't think our CB room is very bad. I think it's a lack of depth. Taylor and Henderson vs Mike Evans? yes. that's bad. Taylor and Henderson against WR3/4 with Jaycee and Donte healthy at 1 and 2 to me is above average

Yep - the CB room looked pretty good the first time we played TB

1 hour ago, backINblack28 said:

I don't think our CB room is very bad. I think it's a lack of depth. Taylor and Henderson vs Mike Evans? yes. that's bad. Taylor and Henderson against WR3/4 with Jaycee and Donte healthy at 1 and 2 to me is above average

Donte Jackson tore his Achilles late last season, Cj Henderson is our #2 and Taylor is our #3 that is very bad.

2 minutes ago, shaq said:

Donte Jackson tore his Achilles late last season, Cj Henderson is our #2 and Taylor is our #3 that is very bad.

week 10. He is the 2.

“I’m feeling great… Feeling strong,” Jackson said. “Just using all this time that I have up until training camp to get more and more ready. Just diving in the system and having my rehab.”

week 10. He is the 2.

“I’m feeling great… Feeling strong,” Jackson said. “Just using all this time that I have up until training camp to get more and more ready. Just diving in the system and having my rehab.”

He’s missed 13 games over the past two seasons, combined with the fact an Achilles tear is the literal worst injury a corner back could suffer. And his recovery time will most likely have him missing some amount of time in the season. Not even to mention a small corner who is reliant on his speed losing a step from an Achilles tear is a bad combination. Please do not use camp fodder quotes as an argument lmao, every injured player ever has said that it means basically nothing.

4 minutes ago, shaq said:

He’s missed 13 games over the past two seasons, combined with the fact an Achilles tear is the literal worst injury a corner back could suffer. And his recovery time will most likely have him missing some amount of time in the season. Not even to mention a small corner who is reliant on his speed losing a step from an Achilles tear is a bad combination. Please do not use camp fodder quotes as an argument lmao, every injured player ever has said that it means basically nothing.

if he says he is going to be back by training camp i'm going to trust he'd be back by the regular season over someone random on the internet assuming otherwise against his own direct quote but again, that's why i said it's a depth problem, not a talent problem.

The WR2s in the NFC south very specifically do not scare me against a healthy DJ. Godwin has had similar injuries, the Falcons quite literally do not have two wide receivers, and i'm not going to talk about michael thomas as an NFL player until he plays again in the NFL

if he says he is going to be back by training camp i'm going to trust he'd be back by the regular season over someone random on the internet assuming otherwise against his own direct quote but again, that's why i said it's a depth problem, not a talent problem.

The WR2s in the NFC south very specifically do not scare me against a healthy DJ. Godwin has had similar injuries, the Falcons quite literally do not have two wide receivers, and i'm not going to talk about michael thomas as an NFL player until he plays again in the NFL

Yeah same I’m gonna trust factual medical information over a random on the internet. It’s ok to take the rose tinted glasses off every once in a while, every team has flaws and it’s beyond evident our cornerback room is an issue. Honestly sad that your argument is name dropping a few WRS in the division, like we don’t play other teams? I pray for us when we have to face Tyreek and Waddle with this corner room outside of Jaycee. Come on man, this is just childish we do not need to be ignorant to our genuine weaknesses.

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/14/2023 at 6:23 PM, shaq said:

Yeah same I’m gonna trust factual medical information over a random on the internet. It’s ok to take the rose tinted glasses off every once in a while, every team has flaws and it’s beyond evident our cornerback room is an issue. Honestly sad that your argument is name dropping a few WRS in the division, like we don’t play other teams? I pray for us when we have to face Tyreek and Waddle with this corner room outside of Jaycee. Come on man, this is just childish we do not need to be ignorant to our genuine weaknesses.

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Looks like he was right about himself

IMG_3412.jpeg