• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Deep Dive

shaq

4 hours ago, thunderraiden said:

Dude shitted on so many parts of the team (rightfully) and but concedes how much better we are than the rest of the division, this might be a poo show this year lmao.

What parts are you referring to? Only part he really dissed was our CB room which outside of Jaycee is objectively very bad. Honestly he was really kind towards our team and our ranking is pretty good!

• Beer 1

9 hours ago, shaq said:

What parts are you referring to? Only part he really dissed was our CB room which outside of Jaycee is objectively very bad. Honestly he was really kind towards our team and our ranking is pretty good!

He didn't have 1 good thing to say about our WR's. I think he said they were good enough to win the NFCS if Bryce can elevate them. Ranks them 30th. He does say that he likes the skillset diversity and that the panthers dis good in free agency "with what was out there". Also, I think his focus is towards fantasy, and we do not have a top fantasy WR on our roster.

I also love that he says that Carr might not be an upgrade over Dalton for NO, I thought the same thing.

Edited by shaqattaq
  • Pie 1

His analysis of ickey and Campen seem pretty much a guess.... bc nothing of what he said was accurate. As someone posted on the huddle a month back, the breakdown of ickey was almost opposite of what this guy says in this video. 

Outside of that, i appreciate the work behind this video.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

His analysis of ickey and Campen seem pretty much a guess.... bc nothing of what he said was accurate. As someone posted on the huddle a month back, the breakdown of ickey was almost opposite of what this guy says in this video. 

Right. He kept calling Campden a new addition???

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

and his "Cade Mays experimental tackle.... ehhhh" 🤷‍♂️

Right again. Mays was brought in as a Right Guard and experimental Center. And has been getting all the starter reps (so far) with Corbett out. He seemed too low on him IMO.

While he did get a hand full of things incorrect, where this video excels is that he does this for every team in the NFL and probably has a better understanding of 31 other NFL teams better than any Panthers fan.  He can compare our coaches and position strengths to other teams due to this and listening with that in mind made it a great listen.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, shaqattaq said:

Right again. Mays was brought in as a Right Guard and experimental Center. And has been getting all the starter reps (so far) with Corbett out. He seemed too low on him IMO.

1 hour ago, shaqattaq said:

Right. He kept calling Campden a new addition???

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

and his "Cade Mays experimental tackle.... ehhhh" 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

I had the same thoughts, but I'm willing to give this guy some grace. He put out an hour and a half breakdown of our team broken down by coaching staff, departures, additions, and position group and the most egregious mistakes were saying Wilks went to Denver, Campen was a new addition, and our backup guard was a backup tackle. The Ickey Eval is just a difference of opinion. He does this for 31 other teams. Mistakes will happen, and even the ones he made weren't even that bad. Talking heads on networks spout out far more dumb takes about NFL teams than this in a fraction of the time. 

Our team will rise or fall based on how Bryce plays. We have a lot of solid but not great players right now, which is why we are ranked where we are, but overall I think we have the best all around team in the division. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

13 hours ago, shaq said:

I don't think our CB room is very bad. I think it's a lack of depth. Taylor and Henderson vs Mike Evans? yes. that's bad. Taylor and Henderson against WR3/4 with Jaycee and Donte healthy at 1 and 2 to me is above average

• Beer 1