• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baseball

lightsout

9 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Yep, it's very trendy to hate soccer and baseball. Especially on an NFL forum lol. Baseball is supposed to be slow. It's relaxing. You just put it on for 3 hours or so and enjoy life. Drink a beer, eat, and watch. Then when the Playoffs come around and the temps drop ... oh lord the energy ramps up x 1000.

Baseball is very much about the atmosphere and getting to see your favorite players play. It doesn't have the urgency of football where careers are often short and every single game matters to the outcome of the season. I think that's why people hate on it, you don't have that "gotta get this win right now" feeling until after the all-star week.

23 hours ago, lightsout said:

Soccer is like $40. Cheaper in some places. The 300 section for the Brewers game in Atlanta is like $20 right now on SeatGeek.

Then parking, food and beer...

Hey, if it's what you enjoy, then it is worth it. For me, I've got a mortgage and two kids to put through college. 

3 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Then parking, food and beer...

Hey, if it's what you enjoy, then it is worth it. For me, I've got a mortgage and two kids to put through college. 

Fair enough. I can't justify much anymore since becoming a parent. I was at least one Panthers game and a Knights game or two every year for years but then marriage and building a house and then kids and yeah, I just focus on my family and work and gaming occasionally when I get a little free time at this point. Lol.

• Beer 1

On 7/15/2023 at 9:27 PM, lightsout said:

Shame there's not a baseball sub, but anybody else still a fan?  Games are far more accessible to be watched now with pitch clocking, and the huge shift to straight power lineups has created more scoring. 

Braves, Rays, Dodgers and Houston are far and away the best teams in the league, and the Braves may be a historically great team by the end of October. 

We used to have a baseball sub that I moderated but that was a while back. I love baseball (Phillies Fan) and the new format that it has moved to. Feel like baseball is moving in a good direction.

I'm still in a fantasy baseball league with some of the guys from the Huddle of yesteryear like Nance, Medical Malpractice, and a couple of others. We've been doing that for 10+ years or probably even longer. Haven't posted here in a couple years but a baseball thread brought me out of of the woodwork. : ) 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Johnny Rockets said:

We used to have a baseball sub that I moderated but that was a while back. I love baseball (Phillies Fan) and the new format that it has moved to. Feel like baseball is moving in a good direction.

I'm still in a fantasy baseball league with some of the guys from the Huddle of yesteryear like Nance, Medical Malpractice, and a couple of others. We've been doing that for 10+ years or probably even longer. Haven't posted here in a couple years but a baseball thread brought me out of of the woodwork. : ) 

I remember you. We are from a simpler time Johnny lol