• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CJ Henderson

NAS

16 hours ago, Icege said:

From the way it sounds, Evero's defense funnels passing plays towards CB1. That would mean that CJ is rarely going to be on an island by himself (unless he happens to be CB1 on the play, of course). With a player who's confidence has been shaky at times, that could go a long ways towards making him a meaningful contributor to the defense.

As I've gotten older I've become more interested in defensive schemes. You made a comment about Evero's defense funneling plays toward CB1. Do you happen to know where you saw that. I barely paid any attention to the Broncos last year. I'm clueless in regards to their scheme. Any information about what we can expect this year would be appreciated.

4 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

As I've gotten older I've become more interested in defensive schemes. You made a comment about Evero's defense funneling plays toward CB1. Do you happen to know where you saw that. I barely paid any attention to the Broncos last year. I'm clueless in regards to their scheme. Any information about what we can expect this year would be appreciated.

Its scary good, just lookup some old school stats and they didnt have much talent on that side. 

1 hour ago, SCO96 said:

It was on one of the two recently linked podcasts we had in here re: deep dive analysis. I believe it was Brett Kollman + EJ Snyder's Panthers breakdown and/or their NFC South predictions ones. EJ mentioned that Evero's defense uses their primary pass rusher to eat up double teams, so while Brett was excited for him to be at his natural position EJ didn't believe his stats were going to be impressive. Brett talked up how Evero's defense likes to leave the CB1 on an island which will allow more targets to come Jaycee's way.

@TheHonestNFL on Twitter has been very high on Evero as well and has had some more detailed stuff to check out. He has a lot on Frank's offensive system due to Frank's time in Philly and the account owner allegedly being a former Philly front office member, as well as stuff from Fangio's time in Philly. The common theme I'm seeing in regards to the scheme is that we're going to be seeing a lot of disguised coverages/blitzes being held for as long as possible. A lot of 2-man looks where the safeties will eventually rotate. 

They've got a BUNCH of stuff on Fangio's concepts as well as Frank's stuff as mentioned.

That last tweet was a treasure trove of info. Can't speak highly enough for what that account brings to the table.

image.png.3ef704cf334f4de94ba1017b9a69020f.png

image.thumb.png.69efe0af229ab8d78f12f8c4526e1e48.png

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 5
  • Beer 2

37 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

Thanks for the reply. I had no idea you'd go into this much detail. I was expecting a link to an earlier post or website. Good stuff. Your post needs to have it's on topic/thread. 😀.

Np! Sharing resources helps us all learn 😄

correction from earlier re: primary pass rusher, EJ was saying that Burns was not going to pop on the stat sheet due to being the primary pass rushers and the team often rushing four with the #1 guy drawing the doubles (which was supported by TheHonestNFL's metrics that were linked). Jaycee is expected to have a Surtain-like season.

Lots of 2-high, light box looks pre-snap it sounds.

Edited by Icege