• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It is what it is - Time to move on

Guest BradThomas

Guest BradThomas

Let's consider this:

Fox has overhauled the defense, changed offensive coordinators and special teams coordinators during his tenure. In most cases, those changes have resulted in a worse result.

Fox has one more season left on his contract at about 5.5 million. He's coming off what probably be his worst season as a head coach with arguably the most talent he's ever had.

He's only won more than 8 games 3 times in 8 seasons. His offense was sub-par. His defense wasn't that much better.

Fans want change. If you are going to suck in 2010, at least make progress while sucking and not regress.

I don't think he'll be fired during the season, however, but IMO better sooner than later. It sends a message to your fan base that you care and that you as an owner are on their side.

I think there is a good chance there is a change, I'd put it at 75%.

We really must ask ourselves, how an offensive team that has Steve Smith, Deangleo Williams and Johnathan Stewart is this bad against better competition.

At some point, there are no more coordinators to blame.

I think Fox is a good man and I think he knows football certainly; but, as I said back in September and got flamed for it, the Panthers will never win a superbowl with Fox or with Delhomme. They are both second tier.

Delhomme is finished. Fox, well, he can take his $5 million next year to do nothing and play golf, or he can go be someone's DC.

Just in the name of all that is holy in this Christmas season, please bring a coach to the Panthers who can create a tough team. Surely, for $5 million, we paid Fox, Richardson can find one.

You might have been able to make a case for Fox prior to today, but in this game he made some awful decisions. Going for that long field goal in the weather; the confused, awful looking clock management at the end of the first-half, the game plan that looked like a case of indecision; it all just looked bad.

Good as he may be, and acknowledging that he might move on and lead his next team to a Super Bowl, his time as Panthers coach needs to end with this season.

Let's consider this:

Fox has overhauled the defense, changed offensive coordinators and special teams coordinators during his tenure. In most cases, those changes have resulted in a worse result.

Fox has one more season left on his contract at about 5.5 million. He's coming off what probably be his worst season as a head coach with arguably the most talent he's ever had.

He's only won more than 8 games 3 times in 8 seasons. His offense was sub-par. His defense wasn't that much better.

Fans want change. If you are going to suck in 2010, at least make progress while sucking and not regress.

I don't think he'll be fired during the season, however, but IMO better sooner than later. It sends a message to your fan base that you care and that you as an owner are on their side.

I think there is a good chance there is a change, I'd put it at 75%.

I think every fan of the team would be willing to chip in $5 to buy out Fox' contract.

Maybe the last two tailgate pots can be used towards this... :D

Zimmer is still my first choice, followed by Frazier, then Rivera.

Don't see us going the offensive coach route. Richardson has never gone that way before.

with offense being the major issue that it is and the success we have had with defensive coaches so far (no rings) i could see reason for a change in philosophy.

Archived