• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

steve smith robbed?

Cpt slay a ho

it reports that he had two catches for 83 yards,but i remember him catching another one,it was a curl route that the db got call for defensive holding.

we all saw the 41 yard td(hopefully),but did the lateral count as a catch for him to?if so then he should have three catches for close to one hundred yards.

If that's the case, why do the stats only say 2 rushes for 7 yards? I'm thinking they added it to his receiving yard total.

Not sure, but it is typically not considered receiving yards if you did not make the catch.

Laterals are not added to passing yards by the QB or to receiving yards for the WR. It is just like a pitch in the running game.

And the 7 came from the wildcat play?

I think he got 2 from the wild cat play and another five from the end around. After looking into it further, I think they're calling it a catch for Moose on the play and giving Moose credit for the yards that he got up until he pitched it to Smith who ran for another 28 yards. This would make sense because his TD catch was 41 yards, he had another catch in the 2nd quarter for 14 yards, and then no other catches. 41 + 14 + 28 = 83 yards.

Archived